Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
He is probably out of town on business. Give him some time guys. I have the brackets from him and i'm sure he has some in stock or can fab some up when he gets a chance.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys, been busy w/ end of quarter sales. Haven't had time to wipe my ass. Yes, I am still taking orders and will have some ready to ship prolly by Tuesday. So go ahead and place those orders.

Pliss-
Did you get them installed yet? How did the spacers work out for you? Hope it's all good...

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman@Sep 30 2005, 10:40 PM
Pliss-
Did you get them installed yet? How did the spacers work out for you? Hope it's all good...
I am installing the system this Sunday, finally, after some annoying delays. I will let you know how everything goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm doing my audio install this weekend, and I wish I had caught the thread about Alpman selling pre-made speaker adapter kits. Especially after I spent a good chunk of last Saturday working to make my own.

At least my brother did most of the woodworking...
I did basically the same thing. I used a factory bracket to come up with a new one made from MDF. We pre-drilled all of the holes for the speakers I am going to use and then painted them with black epoxy paint.

My system is going to be:

Panasonic CQ-C9801U head unit
Terk XM-Direct XM tuner module
Infinity Kappa 60.5cs 6.5" components in the front
Infinity Kappa 52.5i 5.25" coaxials in the rear
Infinity Basslink II subwoofer

Nothing too fancy, but certainly an upgrade over the stock system.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Basslink II has a built-in 250w amplifier.

I've got a couple 4 channel amps and was going to install one for the front and rear speakers, but the Panasonic head unit is a little unique and comes with a 70w x 4 (peak) Class D amplifier module. I'm going to go with that at first. If I am unhappy with it, I'll install a separate amp. Probably a 40w x 4 Alpine that should fit under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm building four more sets tomorrow so they will be ready to ship on Wednsday. Get your orders in now. I won't have a chance to build any more for at least a week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.