Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is a new sound and I don't know if this is normal.

When I push in on the brake while stopped (I sometimes let off the brake then push it back in) I hear a clicking noise under the steering colum when I push the brake in. ITS ANNOYING THE PISS OUT OF ME!!

Anybody hear this or is it just me?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
How could you possibly hear it over the 135 db music in your car? There is nothing in my car that loud.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of right now I don't have the system hooked up in my car, waiting for the new subwoofers to get in and then I am going to hook the stuff up. Plus at 135dB I can still talk on my cell phone and hold a conversation without a problem. I know that can't be a good thing on my part.

Let me know what the dealer says about the noise though! I am thinking its just the pedal making the noise when it is being pushed in. I hope it's just something simple. It's still annoying! They made this car with a lot of little noises all over the place. One of the few Cons of this car.

cheers!
~Michael

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Dude, 135 decibels will make you deaf as hell. When we run our jet engines, we wear DOUBLE hearing protection, and we have some of the quietest jet engines out there. They run about 130-140 dB.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what everybody keeps telling me. Sad thing is my goal is to hit 150+ at peak. Once I get the new system installed I'll take some video of it. It's pretty cool when you light a match or lighter, when the bass drops it will put out the flame. I just don't know how its going to sound with the top being all glass. But being a hatchback I think I should get a higher reading.

But whats annoying is that sound coming from under my dash when i push on the brake. Drives me crazy

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The aircraft I work on has four CFM-International F108-CF-100 turbofans. I'm not a jet mechanic though, I work on the avionics system. I do a lot of ground crew stuff for aircraft launches though.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I see. I work on KC135R Stratotankers, which are based on the 707 frame.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here is the old lady coming out on the board...I have some documented hearing loss due to rock music concerts and listening to music turned up way too loud through earphones in the '70's, as do most people I know my age.
I sometimes have trouble hearing what people say ACROSS a room, and I have a constant ringing in my ears. Please take care of your hearing when you are younger. You may wish you had good hearing later in life and you probably have a lot of years left to live. I still enjoy music and I still crank it up real loud at times, esp. in my tC. Rock on! (but not too loud, please)

·
Registered
205 Posts
OMG, I just saw the ads for tinnitis treatment at the top of this page. That is ringing in the ears. It never stops, even when you try to go to sleep.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Thankfully mine's intermittent and not frequent. Loud music in the '70s when all audio amps were either class A or B, jet aircraft, and thousands of hours on WC-135s with TF-33s during the 90's, and a couple of hundred thousand miles on street and race motorcycles during the 80's and early 90's.

Save your hearing, you've got a LOT of years left to enjoy NOT being deaf.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its really not as loud as people think. Its not a constant 135 or 145 its only that high at its peak. I am running a class X amp (I really don't know what the different classes are all I know is peoples eyes bug out when I say class X)

Anyways not to lose site of the topic, please post what the dealer says about the noise. Also my side skirt is popping off in the front and the window seal is popped out, I feel bad taking it to the dealer because I don't them to be like oh thats normal or its a small problem eh but when I just paid 18K for a car I don't expect that stuff after a few months of owning it yeah know.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hey LaVaism I took my car to the dealer today to get alot of rattles fixed including that brake noise you are referring to. They said that it was a brake switch that was causing it to make the noise and I guess they replaced it cause it doesn't do anything now, its as quiet as ever.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't think 170 will cause heart failure. That's how loud a shotgun can be.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
170dB will shatter windows, cause breathing problems, and blow your ear drums apart. With Earths atmosphere the highest you can get is I think 190, so 170 is getting close to that point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.