Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you guys have already been all over this. But I'm actually kinda excited about the new Toyota. Now it looks like it's getting a Scion badge.

I have a family member that works at a Toyota dealership and I'm seriously considering this car at the end of the year.

Thoughts? Just thought it was interesting.

Scion’s got a surprise & its coming to New York! | Kaizen Factor

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Pass. The price for the power isn't worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So it'll be a bit slower than an S2000 in a straight line...it still looks 50 times better. It's also faster than a Miata with the advantage of not being a gay person's car. I won't be buying one either way but I do think it's an amazing car. Throw a few aftermarket parts on, along with a turbo and you've got one seriously badass car.

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
here's hoping that Subaru will do what they promised, and release a WRX edition of this car...
THIS! or even better an STi variation!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
So it'll be a bit slower than an S2000 in a straight line...it still looks 50 times better. It's also faster than a Miata with the advantage of not being a gay person's car. I won't be buying one either way but I do think it's an amazing car. Throw a few aftermarket parts on, along with a turbo and you've got one seriously badass car.

So it's slower than an S2000, but a lot heavier... faster than a Miata, and a ton heavier. So what you're saying is that it's slower than both. Got it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You just noticed this? -.-

Don't know if you meant this to me, but I've been keeping it on my radar for a little while. I didn't think they would go with a Scion badge though. I may or may not continue to be interested depending on what real numbers are released. Just found it interesting

·
Registered
286 Posts
Subi has been talking about an STI version of the car, and with estimated numbers being 30k for the base model you can expect somewhere in the 40+ range for that varient. Scions version of the car would probably be closer to 23-27k, so it wouldn't upset the sales of the tC. And being a RWD it's a different class.

I haven't decided on wether or not I'll be going with the Scion or the Subi version, I guess I'll just have to wait for both numbers to come out. Subi hasn't even released an unveiling date, and I highly doubt they'd do it during the NY auto show, so I may just stick with the tC until they do. Personally, I like the look of the FT-86 II concept more, and if they unveil the first concept, I'll be going the Subi road.

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
this is all happening on 4/20... heh heh heh :ph34r: that is all

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
You're going to wake up the next day and find out that you preordered one without realizing it. :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess I'm confused about what the payoff for Subaru is? I mean why did they jump on board?

I know companies have done this before. Take DSM for example. Which I use to own two. I'm gonna miss that old girl:confused:

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Unlike DSM, which was purely a collaboration, Toyota has a pretty decent sized stake in Subaru and Fuji.

Unless the car is light, the Toyota/Scion version can be completely ignored. At least with Subaru there is a chance in hell of them POSSIBLY doing something interesting.

Also because the vehicle will be running Toyota ECU's, don't look for any tuning capabilities for Scion/Toyota or Subaru in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh good stuff man!

But here's another noob question:

Why won't there be any tuning possibilities? I'm guessing Toyota doesn't typically set there ECU's up to be toyed with?

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
You're going to wake up the next day and find out that you preordered one without realizing it. :lol:
haha if it weren't for the fact that the Maz is still practically new I probably would!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts