Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just bought a 2005 Scion TC 5pd about 45 minutes ago.

THis is a HUGGGGGEEEEEEEEE difference in cars for me.....I'm coming from a 1994 Supercharged Corvette with 452hp and a 2000 Ford Explorer Limited which i used for winter/bad weather...

I met a girl and decided we were going to move in togther so i decided to sell the vette cause its not practical here in CT with the winters and we can only have 1 car each where we are living.. so i kept Kept the Explorer....Well today i traded in the Explorer for this neat little car.

Anyways, just stopping in the Scion Tc community to say hi...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
How many miles on it / what did you pay for it?

Just wondering how much used tCs are really going for.

And welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Feb 1 2006, 11:00 AM
How many miles on it / what did you pay for it?

Just wondering how much used tCs are really going for.

And welcome!
2005 WITH 12032 MILES PAID 15999

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I know it's a step down from the 'vette but it's still a nice car. I'm sure your girl will love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by tCfiend@Feb 1 2006, 11:36 AM
16,000 for an '05

these things are still hot
i looked at scion of hartford and they have one with twice the miles for over 17k....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 1 2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I know it's a step down from the 'vette but it's still a nice car. I'm sure your girl will love it.
well, a step down from the vette wouldbe a mustang, actually thats quite a few steps down...but

i would say i just chose a totaly different class of car....i don;t wanna say step down...i like the car its nice

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Good choice on the car. Just know that it's safe... even in roll overs

I HAD an 05 SW MT tC till Saturday... my bunny rests in peace now

How're you liking the first gear?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Is it auto or manual? New '06 tC's start at $16,740, but that's bone stock Manual. What accessories did yours come with?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by doNna@Feb 1 2006, 11:47 AM

I've only driven it 6 miles so far lol, i'll let you know when i get used to the car

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Originally posted by srivkin78+Feb 1 2006, 11:56 AM-->QUOTE (srivkin78 @ Feb 1 2006, 11:56 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-doNna
@Feb 1 2006, 11:47 AM

I've only driven it 6 miles so far lol, i'll let you know when i get used to the car
[/b]
Awesome. For some reason, I didn't like the first gear for daily driving, so I usually switched to 2nd around 1500rpm (those of you who've been in my bunny while I drove it should know...)

Anyway, you MIGHT want to tint your sunroof to add a film over it...
I rolled my tC on Saturday, and it shattered all over the place :/
But the car held up nicely, so no worries

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The sunroofs are already tinted, Donna, but it's done when the glass is manufactured.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 1 2006, 11:56 AM
Is it auto or manual? New '06 tC's start at $16,740, but that's bone stock Manual. What accessories did yours come with?
its 5spd, uhmm as far as options...power sun roof, mirrors, locks ,doors, pioneer system i can;t think if anything else.....

I knew nothing of these cars....I honestly was sitting here at work today and said..i need to get rid of my truck...My Uncle runs Southington Chevrolet in CT...i went on the web site, saw the Scion, left work..i mena just up and left...Took the car out, liked it, bought it... lol thats exactly what happened...i had no intentions of even buying a car until today...

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 1 2006, 12:04 PM
The sunroofs are already tinted, Donna, but it's done when the glass is manufactured.
It's tinted, but it has no film on it. So either way, it'll shatter but the film will more likely keep it in place rather than to spray it all over your head.

srivkin78, all those options are stock.

I didn't know I was getting a car till they gave me the keys to it. My dad and I seriously went to the dealership empty handed. hehe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by doNna+Feb 1 2006, 12:03 PM-->QUOTE (doNna @ Feb 1 2006, 12:03 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2006, 11:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-doNna
@Feb 1 2006, 11:47 AM

Awesome. For some reason, I didn't like the first gear for daily driving, so I usually switched to 2nd around 1500rpm (those of you who've been in my bunny while I drove it should know...)

Anyway, you MIGHT want to tint your sunroof to add a film over it...
I rolled my tC on Saturday, and it shattered all over the place :/
But the car held up nicely, so no worries
[/b]
holy crap, you rolled it?? what happened...i take it your ok?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.