Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the more interesting points from the article:

QUOTE ("Edmunds.com tC Road Test")
Of course, even with all the bells and whistles in the world, a car doesn't matter much if it doesn't offer a pleasurable driving experience, and that's one category where the tC truly shines. The 160-horsepower, 2.4-liter four that resides under the Scion's softly curved hood is incredibly smooth and powerful...

[T]he powerful engine combined with a nimble lightweight platform makes for a very spirited little performer. The engine pulls right to its 6,500-rpm redline without a hint of vibration or harmonics. And torque steer is virtually undetectable in this front-wheel-drive coupe.

If neck-snapping, tire-shredding horsepower is what you crave, Scion is offering a bolt-on supercharger kit and high-flow exhaust system through its dealer network — adding both can increase power by as much as 50 percent.

The suspension is equally as impressive, benefiting from a combination of firm tuning and very sticky tires (the same tires that are available on the Lexus IS 300). We noticed very little body roll in the corners, yet the ride was surprisingly soft and compliant.

The tC does not drive like a typical Toyota — it feels extremely nimble and tight, and the harder you push it, the more it hunkers down and grabs the road.

Other notable standard features include gorgeous 17-inch alloy wheels and power windows with one-touch auto up-down convenience. All of this adds up to an outstanding value for the dollar, whether you're seeking an efficient little commuter car or a sleek ride that can be tricked out by simply checking a few boxes at the dealership.

After decades of straight-and-narrow business models and cars designed to deliver sensible looks and a reliable driving experience, Toyota has finally gotten back to its roots with this nimble Scion coupe. Unbeatable value for the dollar, grin-inducing driving dynamics and enough options to make even the most jaded gearhead flush with excitement all make the tC a great choice for budget-conscious shoppers and sport-compact fans alike.[/b]
You can find the article in its entirety here:
Edmunds.com 2005 Scion tC Road Test (10/19/04)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I wish all these rave reviews would stop. And I hope that '05 will be the last production year of the tC.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 21 2004, 07:55 AM
I wish all these rave reviews would stop. And I hope that '05 will be the last production year of the tC.
Why is that?
Nice review, but QUOTE
Scion is offering a bolt-on supercharger kit and high-flow exhaust system through its dealer network — adding both can increase power by as much as 50 percent.[/b]
? High flow exhaust, 50%?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts