Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for Lance (or any other knowledgeable person). I've read a few hundred posts and he seems to be pretty knowledgeable.

I just sold my 03 Matrix XRS with a few mods and purchased an 05 tC. My thought was that you can simply do more with the Scion...and it seemed to be a car that just asked to be modified. I don't know much about engines, but the compression is lower than the XRS (which I see as a better fit for turbo?). Plus, it is a 2.4 with only 165 hp, vice a 1.8 pushing 180. I really liked the fact that there are/will be a few turbos that you can add to it.

My goal? Is to make it around 250 - 280 hp without sacrificing ride quality. I don't really want nitrous, but a turbo would be great! I love the sound too.

ARe there many turbo's out yet? Is a turbo, say the stage 2 from scionspeed with the intercooler, pretty safe for long-term engine reliability?

Im a father of three and 31 years old...not looking to go nuts, but I really see potential with this car. Am I right on any of this?

Would love your opinions..or any others

MartytC

·
Registered
658 Posts
Are you the guy from scionlife that was asking for any aftermarket SC/TC? I cant give the answare to your Q, but i'm sure Lance will answare that for you. BTW welcome to the site.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Stage 2 from Scionspeed will give you everything you are asking for as long as you don't have to pass a smog inspection. If you do, you'd be wise to save all the stock parts to put them back on at smog time.

The engine is plenty strong enough, but keep in mind, no engine lasts as long under boost as it does without boost. It's just a fact of life, speed costs money.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Originally posted by SilverBullittTc@May 17 2005, 09:50 PM
Buy the TRD Supercharger, I heard at the wheels the horsepower is at 250hp!
more like in the ballpark of 200

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO Smog inspections...and, I also heard only 200 with the TRD SC. If I purchase the stage II kit...can you limit the psi on your own? I've never owned a turbo..and know very little about them. I am only going to keep the car 3 years...and not sure if the engine will break during that time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you can buy a boost control, then you will be able to adjust the boost to your whatever you desire(to a certain point of course). I have researched the TRD supercharger for the TC as well. a few of them say 40hp gain and other say up to 80. its probably not going to be 80 but I can still hope lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.