Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Hi Everyone! I just picked my 2006 silver tc today, and I love the car. I have been reading the boards here and at scionlife.com to get an idea of how owners felt about the tc. One thing i read here and there is that some of the Tc's come with some rattles brand new.

Mostly, I have seen topics about rattles in the hatch and doors? Well my car has a rattle under the steering wheel. At first I thought it was my keys LOL ,but its not. Its just to the left of them under the steering wheel column. Any ideas? Its not a constant rattle, but there maybe 50% of the time. Not a big deal, but enough to be irritating now that I have noticed it. So should I take it back to the dealer? or drive it a few days to see if it goes away? or is it an easy fix ya think?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by doofi@Oct 6 2005, 12:32 AM
First of all, Hi Everyone! I just picked my 2006 silver tc today, and I love the car. I have been reading the boards here and at scionlife.com to get an idea of how owners felt about the tc. One thing i read here and there is that some of the Tc's come with some rattles brand new.

Mostly, I have seen topics about rattles in the hatch and doors? Well my car has a rattle under the steering wheel. At first I thought it was my keys LOL ,but its not. Its just to the left of them under the steering wheel column. Any ideas? Its not a constant rattle, but there maybe 50% of the time. Not a big deal, but enough to be irritating now that I have noticed it. So should I take it back to the dealer? or drive it a few days to see if it goes away? or is it an easy fix ya think?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
hey doofi..
to the left of the steering wheel and a little lower on the dash i bet the noise is located.. it's the fuse panel cover.. i had it on mine, all you do is pull the door off (takes a strong tug) and then get some thin foam tape and line the door and the opening with it.. no more rattle..

if while you hear the noise you push the panel with your finger, i bet the noise goes away..

so there's the fix

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Oct 6 2005, 02:09 AM
hey doofi..
to the left of the steering wheel and a little lower on the dash i bet the noise is located..  it's the fuse panel cover.. i had it on mine, all you do is pull the door off (takes a strong tug) and then get some thin foam tape and line the door and the opening with it.. no more rattle..

if while you hear the noise you push the panel with your finger, i bet the noise goes away..

so there's the fix
Same here on that rattle. I fixed the same way.
I had a few more minor rattles. Interestingly, I put my OEM wheels and tires back on for the winter and put my TRD rear sway bar back to the "street" setting ....and all is quiet again. The stiffer ride of the 18" wheels and tires....make it a bit noisy. It does jiggle quite a bit more with the 18s. I also put the OEM exhaust back on ... like the quiet again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to the left of the steering wheel and a little lower on the dash i bet the noise is located.. it's the fuse panel cover.. i had it on mine, all you do is pull the door off (takes a strong tug) and then get some thin foam tape and line the door and the opening with it.. no more rattle..[/b]
Cool! I didn't get a chance to play around today, but will try tomorrow and let ya know if that fixes it. Much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.