Scion tC Forums banner

What do you think best describes the 2006 Eclipse?

• Totally hot!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay

• Good Value

• Ugly

• Bad Value

• The v6 GT is good that's it

• Not bad for a Mitsubishi

• After seeing this car I wish I hadn't bought the tC

• What's an Eclipse?

• Other

New Mitsubishi Eclipse

6K views 52 replies 25 participants last post by  upinsmoke23 
#1 ·
This would most likely be better for the "Other Cars" forum but who goes in there?

#27 ·
#28 ·
brake failure is secks on wheels, but it has to be when ur facing a large obstacle or stopping traffic

#31 ·
wow ease up guys, i like the car. I hate how everyones favorite thing is flaming over what they don't have. Video games, cars, everyone always makes what they don't or can't have seem worse then it is. i picked the tc over the mitsu, but i bet someone prefers the eclipse and will buy that. it doesn't bother me. I dont even pretend to compete with an eclipse when it comes to power, but my car was a better value and is more practical which is why i chose it. people talk about how they don't like certain aspects of expensive cars, but if both were the same price, would you chose a scion tc over a g35? it kind of bothers me how sports illustrated's favorite hobby is complaining how much sports stars make, when it is their money they are getting. Its not ridiculous that people are making that much money, when all america idolizes is money and talent. its not up to us to judge people for the money they donate, we have to many of our own faults to do that. also in the audio section, im a total n00b but this forum is designed to help people not flaunt over them. just answer peoples questions when they ask not scream at them to use a search. tell them too nicely and they will.

well now that that is over, keep rollin guys

#32 ·
^^^ I've said this already, but there is no world in which I would take a G35 over a tC. I don't think that means I'm "flaming" the G35 -- I just don't happen to like it. I just wanted to point out that not everyone likes the same thing.

Now, make it a brand-new MkIV Supra TT or an Aston-Martin V12 Vanquish, and bye-bye tC!
(Actually, I'd still probably keep the tC as a daily driver, but you get the idea.)

#33 ·
Originally posted by Shark_bite@Jul 28 2005, 04:22 PM
wow ease up guys, i like the car. I hate how everyones favorite thing is flaming over what they don't have. Video games, cars, everyone always makes what they don't or can't have seem worse then it is. i picked the tc over the mitsu, but i bet someone prefers the eclipse and will buy that. it doesn't bother me. I dont even pretend to compete with an eclipse when it comes to power, but my car was a better value and is more practical which is why i chose it. people talk about how they don't like certain aspects of expensive cars, but if both were the same price, would you chose a scion tc over a g35? it kind of bothers me how sports illustrated's favorite hobby is complaining how much sports stars make, when it is their money they are getting. Its not ridiculous that people are making that much money, when all america idolizes is money and talent. its not up to us to judge people for the money they donate, we have to many of our own faults to do that. also in the audio section, im a total n00b but this forum is designed to help people not flaunt over them. just answer peoples questions when they ask not scream at them to use a search. tell them too nicely and they will.

well now that that is over, keep rollin guys 
I hope you don't mean me; how is my post flaming it?

-Ed

#34 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jul 28 2005, 08:12 PM
^^^ I've said this already, but there is no world in which I would take a G35 over a tC. I don't think that means I'm "flaming" the G35 -- I just don't happen to like it. I just wanted to point out that not everyone likes the same thing.

Now, make it a brand-new MkIV Supra TT or an Aston-Martin V12 Vanquish, and bye-bye tC!
(Actually, I'd still probably keep the tC as a daily driver, but you get the idea.)
My sentiments exactly. The Supra has a stable mate (in fact two stable mates, both tCs), but I wouldn't sell the Dawg to buy the Infiniti. It's just not in the same league. Few cars are. My next "fun" car will have a prancing horse on the hood...I might (only might) sell the Supra for that.

#35 ·
im right there with u , that will be my next fun car. wish i could do it now, but degree comes first

#38 ·
No, but I'd still take the Ferrari over any British made car. I just don't trust them to do it right (with the exception of the McLaren F1...). My favorite spec from the F1: 0 - 100 in 6.7 seconds. Quicker than most bikes. More top speed than anything but a turbo Busa. Gotta love that kind of stuff!

Of course, that said, I'd hate to try and drive it in traffic.

#42 ·
The new eclipse looks uglyer then sin. i think it is one of the most uglyest cars to be put on the road i mean seriously what were these engenieers thinking they must of been on crack or drunk the rear end is bulbus and hidyus. the only good part about the car that i like is the drive train that drive train is bad ass and i wish i had that but it wont matter once i go turbo but of well my opion to each his own.

#43 ·
bluesciontc  Posted on Jul 30 2005, 08:21 PM
  The new eclipse looks uglyer then sin. i think it is one of the most uglyest cars to be put on the road i mean seriously what were these engenieers thinking they must of been on crack or drunk the rear end is bulbus and hidyus. the only good part about the car that i like is the drive train that drive train is bad ass and i wish i had that but it wont matter once i go turbo but of well my opion to each his own.[/b]
Have you guys graduated highschool, or do you just mess up the spelling of words on purpose....BLuesciontc your grammar(look and i mispelled one, thanks lance
) makes me cry on the inside

Note words from above
uglyer = uglier
then sin = than sin
uglyest = ugliest
engenieers = engineers
must of = must have
hidyus = hideous

Not to mention that I don't think you have a sentence in your statement that isn't a run-on.

#44 ·
You did mean grammar didn't you?

#47 ·
We're having a similar discussion on another board-- and the first thing I have to say about the '06 Eclipse is this:

GT curb weight manual trans, 3472lbs.

WTH?
Time for more rice cakes, less twinkies.

Oh, and an '05 Subie WRX w/ sport package is about $900 less than a similarly equipped Eclipse... will actually hold 4 people, comes factory turbo, and still weighs 350lbs less than the Mitsu.

#49 ·
I've begun to see them once in a while on the road, the new eclipse, and all i have to say is...

The commercials make them look waaaaay better than they actually look on the road. On the road they look... boring.

#51 ·
i didnt see "flat a$$ hamburger" on the poll but that's what i wouldve picked.besides that, they have like 16 inches of wheel gap
cant wait to go muddin' in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.