1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
doh............

·
Registered
126 Posts
the front piece is the lip. they refer to them as lip kits because they attach to the stock bumpers not like a full bodykit which replaces the bumper totally. the purpose is for looks and some may argue it gives better wind resistance at high speeds, downforce blah blah blah.....mainly for looks

also i dont like it too much, changes the body lines to drastically for me....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I will say that I actually like that design a little. It's hard to tell much when it's mismatched, though, and with only the one angle.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yes, this is the one we are installing for the import motion show. it will get paint to match my car and fitment this weekend most likely. after that it will either stand alone, or will be able to be added on to with fender flares for those who want the wide body. chris did a nice job of making sure the front/sides/rears could support the car as is, or accomodate minor fender flares, so the kit is more versatile for more people. from a 5 to 10 piece kit, depending on your taste for extreme.
finished pics will be posted for those who cant get to cal expo for the event.
marty, two days in a row, two seperate kits, two different people, no flame. youre starting to make me wonder what happened to you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
tctunerz.com has some pictures that dont look photochopped, they also have pics at a couple of different angles. After looking at those pics, i honestly dont like them that much, but I might change my mind once i get more pics. Someone needs to make a c/f lip similar to ones you see on civics.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 27 2005, 02:06 PM
marty, two days in a row, two seperate kits, two different people, no flame. youre starting to make me wonder what happened to you.
If it makes you feel any better, Damon, I think the side skirts of that kit blow. I wanna see pics of your car after you get the whole thing on and fixed up, though.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, i gotta say it looked different when we test fit it to my car than it does now, and we didnt change anything. perhaps with the photoshop and high camera angle something got lost in translation.

paint is this sunday at my garage. anyone who wants to come on down to check it out, let me know. happy to have you over.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.