Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the June issue of Import Tuner there is a Power Pages write-up on the Tc. They ran a baseline of 140.4 HP and 150.8 TQ. Then added a non-production version of the AEM cold air intake, this added 3.9 HP and 2.3 TQ.
Next came the D.C. Sports stainless steel exhaust, which as far as I know is another axle-back system, which added another 3.2 HP and 2.9 TQ.
Last came the D.C. Sports Ceramic Race Header (not street legal). This gave the best increase of 8.5 HP and 7.8 TQ.
Now for those of us who can't add that quick, thats 15.6 HP and 13.0 TQ.
All total the final wheel numbers were 156.0 HP and 163.8 TQ.
Not bad for minor bolt-on performance.

But at a retail price of just under $1,500.00 you can make up your mi9nd if it was worth it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
You can get DC header for about $250, build a homemade short ram for $30 and end up with ~11hp/~10tq for under $300. Sounds better than 16hp for $1500

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Apr 21 2005, 08:47 AM
You can get DC header for about $250, build a homemade short ram for $30 and end up with ~11hp/~10tq for under $300. Sounds better than 16hp for $1500
Then just get a real exhaust and you could be looking at almost 20hp for under $1k instead of 15hp for $1.5k

Think about it...that's $500 left over for stickers.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I don't think we'll ever see a *quiet* exhaust that gives significant power gains for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Apr 21 2005, 09:20 AM
I don't think we'll ever see a *quiet* exhaust that gives significant power gains for a reasonable price.
www.creativecompacts.com has an exhaust for $560 (after shipping...including high flow cat) that showed 12HP gain on the dyno. They give you a choice of mufflers - magnaflow, flowmaster, and borla.

Mine was SUPPOSED to be here today. You know that feeling when the UPS truck shows up? It's great. When the UPS lady told me she, "couldn't find the package on the truck and will be back tomorrow" I nearly strangled her.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
let me know how that turns out. and cut a tape of it, if you dont mind, keith.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
np, Damon.

I'm hoping to install it saturday morning before I go to work... I still want to get video of your exhaust for the forum too. Maybe we can do both at the same time. What days off do you have next week?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
sunday and monday - and i will be in folsom on monday morning to drop our project xB off for the system install. otherwise, i am at wrok tuesday through saturday.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Apr 21 2005, 04:47 PM
sunday and monday - and i will be in folsom on monday morning to drop our project xB off for the system install. otherwise, i am at wrok tuesday through saturday.
I haven't checked my schedule for work next week, but if you're in folsom we could meet up for lunch or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.