Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Metra install kit for the xa/xb/tc. I cant figure out how you people got the kit to work without it being loose in the dash. I tried using the factory metal brackets. no good they hold the radio to high in the dash. I tried every possible solution and it just sits a bit loose in there. I cut off all the xa/xb tabs and I just dont get it. Also did anyone hook up the blue turn on lead from your radio to the factory harness? does it have any purpose if you dont have the factory subwoofer? Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had a similar issue with the American kit that I got from Crutchfiled. I ended up drilling new holes in the metal brackets a few mm's lower and back than the stock holes. Then the damn American kit wouldn't fit, it was too big, so I had to dremel the hell out of it and even remove the top lip. Otherwise it was too big for the opening.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any body else that has the info im looking for?

·
Registered
453 Posts
the blue lead has no purpose, unless u want something to power on when the radio turns on (amp).....i used it for lights and my amp

and as for the kit i had trouble too, i just cut off all tabs as well as the 2 sides, after that the kit just sat on top of the deck and when u replace the front cover with the door etc, it gets fairly secure. and then i drilled my own holes in the factory bracket, this allowed me to push the deck much further back in the dash, giving a very nice final product that made the face of my deck comepletely flush with the kit i had ordered

·
Registered
13 Posts
so what kits are you guys using...i have the Pioneer DEH-M7700P and it fits in both of the din's but with the face on the door hits. So right now i just have it in the top din and take the face off when i park to close the door (so no one walking by sees it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.