Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to get my credit checked, I'm 21 full time employee part time student, I just startee establishing my credit in december of last year, I tried to get a car back in april and was denied, the guy told me that I didn't have bad credit, but it wasn't established enough. Tomorrow will be september 1st, 5 months after I tried initially... during the 5 months they've raised my credit limit from $800 to $1600 on my first credit card. Some people are telling me that is a pretty good amount of increase. I don't want to even bother asking my parents to co-sign b/c I know they'd refuse...

Was anyone in this situation? From what I've been reading Scion has a "lowered" expectaion since they're market is towards the younger people.

Q: The dealer emailed me today and said he'll have a Azure Blue tC in mid september, not too bad for the wait period, I was on the web site, and noticed there is no Azure Blue, could he be talkin about Azure Pearl, or Nautical Blue?

Q: I've read from previous that the tc's have a rattle with the pan. moon roof~ is that still common in the 2006?

I'm "downgrading/upgrading" from a 96 Mustang... my pony was fast, but she's a old fart and drinks too much gas... filled my tank today for 40 bucks!!!

If you have any insights on the 2006 that I should know about please feel free to let me know.. more info I know before going to the dealership will be a positive for me... just crossing my fingers to get my credit to go through...

·
Registered
173 Posts
If worst comes to worst, would you be able to get someone to co-sign with you (preferably a family member)?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I spent $42 for a full tank of regular [email protected]#%@#$^

And honestly, that's not even the worst thing we can blame the hurricane for; I'm really concerned for the poor souls on the gulf that got hit hard.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do the 06's still take the 87 gas, what do yall use. With these gas prices, i hope we can use the 87 gas

BTW, I think most of the 06's still rattle, confront your sales person about it....see if they can do something before you even get the car!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The book says 87. It also runs fine on 85 at altitudes above 3500 feet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
One thing about the tC (regarding gas consumption) is that it's not that good. It actually is about the same as my 3 litre V6 Toyota Avalon !!!

So, Last week when I went to gas it up, the bill came out to be around $28 for about 11+ gallons of gas. That's a lot. If you want low fuel consumption, this is not the car. It's still much, much better than the Mustang that you have but it's not that great.

I just bought mine about a month ago and the hatch rattles a bit. Sun roof is fine. I don't use it (I'm an A/C kind of guy
).

Without a co-sign, you will probably need a lot of down payment, so, think about it. One thing you can do is to finance from a bank rather than with Toyota. You may save a bit (or much more).

Good luck.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Samsingha@Sep 1 2005, 04:34 AM
One thing about the tC (regarding gas consumption) is that it's not that good. It actually is about the same as my 3 litre V6 Toyota Avalon !!!

So, Last week when I went to gas it up, the bill came out to be around $28 for about 11+ gallons of gas. That's a lot. If you want low fuel consumption, this is not the car. It's still much, much better than the Mustang that you have but it's not that great.

I just bought mine about a month ago and the hatch rattles a bit. Sun roof is fine. I don't use it (I'm an A/C kind of guy
).

Without a co-sign, you will probably need a lot of down payment, so, think about it. One thing you can do is to finance from a bank rather than with Toyota. You may save a bit (or much more).

Good luck.
Well I am trading my mustang in, and probably no more then what they give me will be my down payment.. so do you think I should maybe wait till maybe december, when I have actually had a full year of credit establishment?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.