Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry some of them are blurry... i took the pics with a $30 vivitar digital camera... am working on getting a better one & will update the pics accordingly

cluster:

fuel & temp: (sorry its blurry... i took the pic with a $30 vivitar digital camera... am working on getting a better one & will update the pics accordingly)

speedo: (i wanted the needle to be white instead of red, but its not possible with the way our gauges are setup)

tach:

hvac:

you likey?

o, and does anyone know if the odometer on the gauge cluster stores the mileage the car has itself (in addition to the ecu) or does it just display the number of miles the ecu has recorded? the only reason why i ask is because i had no choice but to drive it w/o the guage cluster for a week (kenny was having issues with shipping and whatnot) and im not sure if the mileage displayed is correct or short...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Kenny does good work. Click on the link in my sig to see my blue gauge cluster and center console lights, also done by Kenny.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah .. Looks better in person... I would know since i saw it yesterday...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
the ecu holds ODO info. its correct.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear@Jan 26 2006, 10:22 AM
the ecu holds ODO info. its correct.
w00t!!1!!oneone

that makes me happy... i was scared that my title would be f'd because the odometer was different then the ecu... yay!

yea, its a good price and he'll do pretty much anything that you want with the gauges (the fuel and temp gauges have to be the same color) the only bad part is that the clock display on the HVAC part gets really dim when you change the color (apparently the circuit doesnt have enough voltage/amperage for new LEDs)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
like unreadable dim? me and another buddy were gonna change all our ish to blue. will i not be able to see the clock? is the black of the digital read out the part that gets dim? please expound.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blue is kinda hard to see on the clock.... white looks cool though because it comes out dark gray... the part that gets dim is the backlight, the actual display for the time stays normal...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The screen definitely seems a bit dimmer than it was in amber, but it's not hard for me to read the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.