Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to bodging the mandrel bends, SpinTech, and scavenged bits of the OEM exhaust together. It's quiet-- very. Probably as close to stock as you can get with an aftermarket muffler. Nice little rumble at idle to let you know it's there, but it only makes a very mild ruckus from about 2k-4k rpm. Other that that, shhhhhhhhhh... quiet. Virtually no increase in volume at freeway cruising speeds. How does it look, you ask?

As you can see, it's not for the bling folks, either. Invisible from the back, and if you get down on the ground and look up, there's not much to see other than the crackerbox...

Total cost: SpinTech Pro Street, $85. 90º and 180º 2.25" mandrel bends, $40. Carved up stocker (for tip/bend and flange) $0. Can 'o flat black, $3. The $128 axleback.

And as I mentioned, I know it's dirty.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
whats next? after custom intake, custom exhaust... radiator plate? battery tie down? id on't remember what u had under your hood. You are the KING of D.I.Y.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by doNna@Jan 21 2006, 03:32 PM
hehe how much would it cost to BUY a stock muffler?
Ninety nine cents plus shipping for the one I bought. Buying it was something of a necessity, as I would have been driving with no exhaust on the car for about five weeks otherwise. You know how they have those little info blurbs on TV that say "Having a baby changes everything"? Well, they ain't lyin.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Isotope@Jan 22 2006, 01:23 AM
You know how they have those little info blurbs on TV that say "Having a baby changes everything"? Well, they ain't lyin.

SO TRUE!!! (not speaking from personal experience)

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you have the time to make a sound clip, I'd be grateful!

Also, what's involved w/ this? Welding?

looks good..haha otherwise, I wouldn't be asking these questions!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hey doc how long is your total setup? I am looking at putting a 20" long muffler in place of the stock muffler do you think that it would fit nicely with all the bends and such?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by mrbrace@Feb 12 2006, 05:57 PM
Hey doc how long is your total setup? I am looking at putting a 20" long muffler in place of the stock muffler do you think that it would fit nicely with all the bends and such?
The SpinTech ProStreet is tiny-- 4x6x12. If you spaced the 180º bend over further, you could easily fit a 20" muffler, though. The OEM muffler is the size of a European hot water heater.

Originally posted by SpeeedTc@Feb 12 2006, 07:13 PM
looks sick, how much horspower gains?
As with most axlebacks, I'd go with "minimal". You'd be hard pressed to find a higher flowing muffler, so it does everything I want it to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.