Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking of a way to personalize my Tc even more. Well, after some thinking I have designed an emblem for the Tc. After playing around on my own, I went to a place with a basic design. They then fabricated it for me using AutoCad and Corel, and I ordered 20 of them. I will be putting one on each door (lower left part). Though it would also look good on the back if you took off the original.

Whether you all like it or not is a personal opinion. They have to be laser cut and I will be picking them up tomorrow or the next day. I dont have a digital camera but the guy there has a phone with one and he is going to take a picture of it for me. I will be selling them on ebay, but Im not sure for how much yet.

So anyways, I was excited about it and wanted to let you all know.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Do we get first hack?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually...yeah I will offer them here first. I only have 18 for sale since I am using 2 of them. Like I said, I have not determined a price yet, but Im thinking right around $20.00 a peice.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I wish someone made blacked out stock oval emblems... I tried painting mine - looked good before paint started coming off. So I stripped it back to original.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got the call that they are done. Im going to wait until tomorrow to pick them up anyway because they take 12 hrs to completely dry.

I sure hope you all arent dissapointed, lol.

I too like the blacked out scion logo, but only on dark Tc's.....Mine is white. =)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 19 2004, 01:36 PM
I wish someone made blacked out stock oval emblems... I tried painting mine - looked good before paint started coming off. So I stripped it back to original.
I want the black chrome look like on the Lexus badges... would look really nice on our black sand pearls...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf+Oct 19 2004, 04:14 PM-->QUOTE (imasaf @ Oct 19 2004, 04:14 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Oct 19 2004, 01:36 PM
I want the black chrome look like on the Lexus badges... would look really nice on our black sand pearls... [/b]
I might keep on experimenting with different paints - maybe I'll find something that won't strip as easily...

And ufgatorfan, Can you ask your shop if they can make a standard scion emblem in black chrome or something like that? Or maybe they can coat our stock emblems somehow permanent? I can send them my emblems.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Phungy,

Do you live in Ft. Lauderdale? If so, do have a digital camera? lol.

(Edit): You mean Gainesville, Im dumb. And nope, ya didnt see me, I graduated this past August.

GO GATORS!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz+Oct 19 2004, 04:16 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Oct 19 2004, 04:16 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2004, 04:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Oct 19 2004, 01:36 PM

I want the black chrome look like on the Lexus badges... would look really nice on our black sand pearls...
I might keep on experimenting with different paints - maybe I'll find something that won't strip as easily...

And ufgatorfan, Can you ask your shop if they can make a standard scion emblem in black chrome or something like that? Or maybe they can coat our stock emblems somehow permanent? I can send them my emblems. [/b]
I will mention something tomorrow. They primarily deal with plastics and vinyl, but it cant hurt to ask.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I picked up the emblems today. I definitely like them. Unfortunately the guy with the digital camera was not there. I will get pics up asap however.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
You keep on teazing... tilll someone snaps and goes after you

GET THE PICS!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, here it is. Its a horrible picture taken with a camera phone and I dont plan on selling it on ebay until I can take some better pics.

I also had some pics of my car, but they looked horrid so I will wait to post good ones later.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/862542/TcRD.jpeg

It just rained and there is a spot of water on top of the "T".

·
Registered
282 Posts
thats pretty cool how you did T RD sliding the 'c' in it. i think it looks good, not exactly a "wow" factor. Just my opinon. it would look better if you had the T in lower case and the c in upper case like tCrd or something like that. dont get me wrong it doenst look bad but it could be a bit better. yikes, hope you take my honesty without getting offended.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Liz,

Opinions are exactly what Im looking for.

It is my first time ever designing something like this. To be honest, I think it looks GREAT on my car, but might not look as good on different colors.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts