Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i just saw a commerical for it. not sure if its already been posted but dang! we'd get stomped by that thing stock. guess it's not really the same class. i wonder why it's so high?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by CraniumDesigns@Sep 25 2005, 12:14 PM
hey guys,

i just saw a commerical for it. not sure if its already been posted but dang! we'd get stomped by that thing stock. guess it's not really the same class. i wonder why it's so high?
I wouldn't say we'd get stomped; because of the way power is made by that 2.0-liter engine, it'd be a driver's race between a 5MT tC and a new SI, and it'd be fairly close. It's not enough to make up for better tires and/or better driving skill. I can easily bet money that Lance in his tC w/245s would kill me in a stock '06 SI--at least in a 1/8 or 1/4 mile, and definitely on a proper road course!

-Ed

EDIT: And as to why I'm doing a comparison of SI vs. tC w/245s--for the price of an SI, one can afford a tC plus new wheels & tires.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree. The only thing that makes me sad about buying the tC is the lack of an LSD. The tC and the Si are very different animals. The tC is not trying to be an all out performance car. The fact that it only comes with an all glass roof is proof of that. The tC is very well rounded daily driver. It has a good amount of street cred, killer looks, a decent sized hatch, runs on 87 octane, gets decent mileage, makes a respectible amount of power and has functional rear seat (that reclines!). I can think of no other new car that could fit my needs at this point in my life better.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Originally posted by kurker@Sep 25 2005, 12:40 PM
I agree. The only thing that makes me sad about buying the tC is the lack of an LSD. The tC and the Si are very different animals. The tC is not trying to be an all out performance car. The fact that it only comes with an all glass roof is proof of that. The tC is very well rounded daily driver. It has a good amount of street cred, killer looks, a decent sized hatch, runs on 87 octane, gets decent mileage, makes a respectible amount of power and has functional rear seat (that reclines!). I can think of no other new car that could fit my needs at this point in my life better.
well said.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog@Sep 25 2005, 03:21 PM
EDIT: And as to why I'm doing a comparison of SI vs. tC w/245s--for the price of an SI, one can afford a tC plus new wheels & tires.
For the price of the Si I would be able to get a tC with SC and 245s.

$16500 + $3200 + $1800 = $21500. No, Si will not be $19600 like many people hope.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Sep 28 2005, 01:05 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Sep 28 2005, 01:05 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-EddNog
@Sep 25 2005, 03:21 PM
For the price of the Si I would be able to get a tC with SC and 245s.

$16500 + $3200 + $1800 = $21500. No, Si will not be $19600 like many people hope. [/b]
Well I mean I was trying to be at least a little fair, you know...in the interest of not appearing too biased...

-Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Just saw the commercial.... Honda's definitely trying to cater to the Gen Y crowd like Scion does... Still think the new Civic's uglee tho

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
of course. and nissan is bringing the cube to the states to compete against the xB.

its time for some automakers to chase toyota again. and here's hoping scion stays one step ahead of them.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
first off if someone on here claims to have seen the Si on the street, the only models on the street are owned by aftermarket companies doing work on them for SEMA. Recent dyno tests of the Si are indicating Honda has underrated the car's horsepower, as they are making right around 200 hp and in cases with the airbox removed 218 at the hubs

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I think Honda designs second rate intakes just so the aftermarket has something to work on. They sure know how to do it right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by iRoq@Sep 28 2005, 12:51 PM
seen the '06 civic on the street and, in my opinion, are ugly as sin. saturn in the front, accord in the back...
Saturn-Accord child, I think I'm gunna be sick...

If someone ever gives me a Civic Si as a gift, I'll have to whip out my special mods on it, hammer style. --->
<---

Hey, I managed to post a non-rant! mmmazing!

P.S. Have no fear, rants will resume shortly.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Raptor22+Sep 30 2005, 05:08 AM-->QUOTE (Raptor22 @ Sep 30 2005, 05:08 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-iRoq
@Sep 28 2005, 12:51 PM
seen the '06 civic on the street and, in my opinion, are ugly as sin. saturn in the front, accord in the back...
Saturn-Accord child, I think I'm gunna be sick...

If someone ever gives me a Civic Si as a gift, I'll have to whip out my special mods on it, hammer style. --->
<---

Hey, I managed to post a non-rant! mmmazing!

P.S. Have no fear, rants will resume shortly.
[/b]
So you're the one who stole all my spare smilies!!!

-Ed

j/k

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
LoL Raptor. Yeah.. No love for Civic design...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog@Sep 30 2005, 05:23 AM
So you're the one who stole all my spare smilies!!!

-Ed

j/k
Looking at all the cutesie little faces makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It really helps me control my aggression.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
- Coat hanger strut tower bar. Taunt old garden hose as rear sway bar. (Chrome)

that's funny, tho.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Sep 30 2005, 10:40 PM
^^ freakin long sig....
LOL man... That was a temporary joke. I was pretty sure it would bother some so I didn't want to leave it very long. Regardless, I'm done dick'n around, and I'm back in rant-only mode. Furiously searching the forum for a thread to drop the hammer in.
Maybe I should start a new thread, "RiceRocket vs. Sleeper comparison"... Yes, that will do nicely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.