Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clickety-click-click before it's gone.

This looks interesting. It's got all the coolio features I'd like to see like a fully braced underside, but the opening looks like it's a high pressure zone, not a low pressure zone, so it would tend to blow air in, instead of pull air out.

Comments???

(Oh, I'd definitely paint to match my car if I bought something like this!)

· Registered
5,132 Posts
I'd like to see fit & finish on it myself before considering it (saw somebody else's CF hood and the fit & finish was quite poor), but...

A) What would it take to get the spray nozzles integrated? I need them here in NY.

B) I'd absolutely have it painted; would it be possible to just paint right on it, or does one have to use an abrasive tool or chemical to make it less smooth so the paint will stick?

C) How much does the stock hood weigh and how much does this one weigh in comparison? My only reason for doing it would be more for the weight reduction than looks (although it is pretty nice looking); if it's not a huge reduction, it wouldn't be worth the cost to me. That CF roof panel that Rick is getting sounds more interesting to me; swap out the glass panels and all mechanisms for the moon roof for a single CF panel and shave 45lb. off the very tippy-top of the car! The problem is--am I willing to lose that luxury?

-Ed

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Sep 10 2005, 08:31 AM
A) What would it take to get the spray nozzles integrated? I need them here in NY.
what are spray nozzles? and why would we need them in new york? [/b][/quote]
The squirters that spray your windshield with wiper fluid.

My windshield gets dirty quite often here in NYC for myriad reasons; just the wipers alone aren't good enough to clean things up as well as using wiper fluid in conjunction. Also, I find that a quick squirt of wiper fluid in the morning and a couple passes of the wipers keeps condensation from reforming; without it, I have to keep wiping every couple minutes to get the condensation off that reforms.

-Ed

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The squirters are a no-brainer with a decent drill. Painting should be no issue for any compentent painter, if you stripped the paint of an F1 car, all you would see is carbon fiber just like this hood.

C'mon EddieMoney, take a look at this thing and tell me what you think about that cut out!

· Registered
100 Posts
the air rushing over the top of that cutout should create a lower pressure condition than the air under the hood, thus venting the engine compartment. i haven't taken fluid dynamics yet, but when my g/f is in the passenger seat and the sun roof is open, her hair gets sucked right out the top. lol. i figure the same will work for the engine bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.