Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Kicker KX-450.2 amp to power my Solo Baric L5. I installed it and put it in, in the place of my old amp but it is not turning on. The power light does not go on at all. I am running 4ga streetwire on it so I'm pretty sure the power is there but I still dont' know why it isn't turning on, my old amp worked fine. If anyone has any input please let me know, i reallly don't want to spend another 100 to have it installed at an audio shop thanks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
and double check ur ground wire to the base of the car...mine did the same thing...had to fix the ground wire a few times...kept coming loose

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so i thought it was the ground so I changed it, and wow the amp turned on, however when i started turning up the gain the amp went to "protection." It was nowhere near as loud as it should have been.... what's the problem? It did this about 3 times and then the amp just completley shut off... no green power light. I'm not sure what's going on, I'm thinking its the remote wire. What do you all think?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the amp to the audio shop near my house and apparently its a dud amp? They were trying to sell me a Directed Xtreme Amp, but I've never really heard much about directed and audio so if anyone has any opinions? Also, when i got home I installed the amp in the reg mode, and not mono-bridged, and it seems to work ok, but it does cut out once in a while. Is the cooling fan supposed to be on continuously? because it isn't, and I dont hear the fan at all... that might be the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.