Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. I recently bought a used 2012 Scion Tc to replace my old 2006 Honda Accord (281,000+ miles and was still running after he wrecked it) that got stolen from my apartment. :( I thought id have the honda till it was crashed or it died after like 15 years so a new car was not in my mind. I used to want one of these as a kid when scion first started to come on the market. I thought their cars were so cool. So when I had the opportunity I bought my 2012 with 113,000 miles and have wanted to start changing a few things. Only thing I've done is 25% tint with a 5% sunstrip so its not like a fish bowl. Just thought id introduce myself and share the new purchase and the old car if anyone was curious. Also any suggestions for modification more in the looks department, please sure. Thanks!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
62 Posts
When your Scion starts to act up, check your fuses, relays & wires. Then proceed down the list to diy.

These Scions are bad at oil burning (piston & piston rings worn out) & engine stumbing, hesitation, loss of power, loss of RPMs.

Engine RPMs stumbling surging jumping pulsating, that leads to top/fast limited speed up to 30mps/limp mode is caused mainly by the idle air fuse. It's a 10amp fuse found in the engine fuse/relay box, AIC/IAC. I don't remember the exact wording. Since I've changed the burned out fuse months ago. I've never had rpm problems.

I have my thread/post on my Scion.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts