Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Ill be getting a new Automatic 2006 Flint Mica Scion Tc. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me some input because I am pretty lost. I have been reading all different forums looking around for stuff and decided to post this on a few of them. I was hoping you could maybe provide links pointing me where to go or add in your input and advice. I was looking into adding a...

Turbocharger
Drop the body a bit (1 or 2 inches?)
Add ground effects (go with the dealers or something on the internet?)
Rims and Tires (a deepdish set of 18's, I dont know how wide they should be, or what color would look good with the Flint, maybe gunmetal?)
Exhaust system (Again, the scion one or something else)
Smoked out tail lights
Hyperwhite lights (is there something nicer looking?)
Sound System (I have 2 of the higher end Rockford Fostgate 15's in a snailshell box right now...but that wont fit in the Tc )

I think that is about it, if you can think of anything else that would look nice or help me out it would be appreciated. Looking forward to joining the Scion Family. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thanks for that...I am researching by asking people who, by what I have read, know more than I do about these things.

Obviously I have looked into these things, found out that the turbocharger for the 06 Tc isnt even complete yet, but what I am asking you is for your input on what you feel is the best in these categories. I have found certain things but have not found a clear "best" in these or the most preferred which is why I ask. Instead of making what I assume is a smart ass comment why not post something helpful?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Flyte20@Dec 12 2005, 10:33 PM
yea thanks for that...I am researching by asking people who, by what I have read, know more than I do about these things.

Obviously I have looked into these things, found out that the turbocharger for the 06 Tc isnt even complete yet, but what I am asking you is for your input on what you feel is the best in these categories. I have found certain things but have not found a clear "best" in these or the most preferred which is why I ask. Instead of making what I assume is a smart ass comment why not post something helpful?

Thanks!
welcome to the site.

what kinds of things were you thinking of....

and, what kind of money were you thinking to spend.

some mods cost tons, some are less expensive.

additionally, what kind of driving do you do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have about 2-4 thousand to play with. I can always do certain mods later down the road, but thats why I came here, to find out which ones are more important and relevant to the car than others. I just do daily driving. I listed all the things I was thinking about adding over time, didnt really put them in any particular order. Thanks a lot for the help!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you're a DIY'er, get your car bone stock from the dealership - you can buy all of the accessories and everything cheaper from the internet.

Turbocharger WILL void the warranty and will be expensive. Not really worth it for an Auto (I'm not ragging on you, mine's auto too). The best thing would be to get an intake (Injen has the best gains) and Exhaust.

There's tons of springs out there to drop the body... You can do it to your desired drop. I want to get the TRD Springs - 1.25" Drop.

Ground effects - you can go 2 ways - OEM Body kit (Look at EddNog's car), or another one... I like the OEM kit. Anything else is too wild for my tastes, and way too expensive.

Rims & Tires - Your choice. Depends on where you live and how much you want to spend. This can get expensive.

Exhaust - I like the TRD Exhaust. Get it from a parts supplier. Dealership wants $525 for it.. i got mine for $300 shipped. Installation wasn't too hard.... unbolt 2 bolts and plug it into the brackets. Other Exhausts have better gains (TRD is only axel-back), but take a look around in the sections here for people's opinions of them all.

Tail lights - look to Zoltiz

Lights - you can toss in Luminics bulbs and harnesses. Hyper Whites, White/Blue, etc.. That's cheap. If you want to get true HID's you can buy a drop-in kit like I have. If you want them to look right, HID Retrofits inside the headlights (Pricey).

Sound... you can do a lot with the sound. Anything will fit if you really want it to. Just take out the spare tire or the foam under there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thanks! I dunno if I want the turbocharger on the auto now that I think about it, and I got pulled over for speeding in my g.f's range rover so I dont think I would want that much extra horsepower...it would be too tempting
thanks a lot though, that definately helped out!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ah Greg's mom...a great addition to every fine automobile!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Originally posted by Flyte20@Dec 12 2005, 10:33 PM
Obviously I have looked into these things, found out that the turbocharger for the 06 Tc isnt even complete yet
You cant get the supercharger for the tC if you have an automatic. If you read the accessory book from the dealer it says it is only for 5-spd.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Ditto to what everyone else said, with one thing to add:

If you are considering exhaust/intake "upgrades," be aware that you will be adding a lot of noise for little or no noticeable increase in acceleration. If you like the sort of thing, then go for it -- just giving you a warning ahead of time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.