Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have access to a FSM for the tC yet?

I'm trying to find out if the manual tC's have a neutral safety switch on the tranny and if so, what color the wire might be.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a sensor in the transmission that lets the car know when the transmission is in neutral. Almost every automatic these days have one, but few manual cars come equiped with them.

My last car (Nissan Altima 5-spd) had one and i was able to have my Remote Start installed so that the car wouldn't start if it was in gear.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like a good idea... Honestly did not see anything like that in the service manual, but will look in the wiring manual today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It looks like it is referring to the auto trans tho. The clutch start switch is inline for the manual trans.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to contact DEI, but I think we can tap into that wire.

I really wanna hook up my Viper 550. I soo miss my remote start, but I'm not willing to install it if there is a risk of the car jumping if left in gear.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by CS_18M@Nov 10 2004, 09:30 AM
I'm going to contact DEI, but I think we can tap into that wire.

I really wanna hook up my Viper 550. I soo miss my remote start, but I'm not willing to install it if there is a risk of the car jumping if left in gear.
I'd tap into it with voltmeter and see if it's the one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just install the remote start and make sure you never park it in gear...

thats what I did anyways, never have to worry bout it, cause I never park it in gear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, but that can be hell on your ebrake system. I would rather do it the right way than doing it half-ass. No offense. Its just a personal preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts