Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to all you enthusiasts!

Yesterday, half way through a 2 1/2 hour trip, tire pressure light came on... sure enough it was the rear passenger side tire that was plugged by the DEALER a few months ago... long story short I made it to my destination on my spare and Sears re-plugged it (and said the Dealer plugged sucked). I've been reading a lot of threads about some better tires for the tC but I don't need all four new yet (15,000 miles). I would like to replace all four at the same time with a new set, probably the Falken FK-451. I need to make a trip out to NY (from WI) and the Sears guy said he would definitely replace the tire... question is... should I be safe and replace it with the stock Bridgestone (i know, i know those tires aren't the greatest, mostly cause they drain a guys bank account) but I've heard a lot that having a different tread on a tire can cause issues. Also, I need to rotate so that tire would be in the front and I am leery of having to different brands in the front... what should I do? Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Buy all new tires. Stock tires suck, you can get way better tires for way cheaper. Will benefit you in the long run.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have 2 stock Bridgestone Potenzas I can sell you if you want. They have about 2300 miles on them, so you can throw them in the front for better rotation etc. PM me or email or IM or whatever if you want 'em. This will be better than just buying 1 from a store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.