Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find some rims for my blue tC.
but i have some following questions.
please give me some advices!!

No.1 Does the car get really slow if i get 18 inch rims?
If i just get 17 inch rims, would they looks ghetto??

No.2 Does anybody know that does the brand really matter??
would the rims be rough and get deformed soon if they're from a no-name brand??

No.3 I'm looking the rims on ebay...does anybody know how come the rims are so cheap on ebay?? Are those knocking off stuff??

Thanks for your answers~~

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
No.1 Does the car get really slow if i get 18 inch rims?

NO. unless they weigh too much. but then, 17 inch rims that are too heavy would suck. you dont want to increase rotating mass. lighter 17's or 18's are fine.

If i just get 17 inch rims, would they looks ghetto??

Thats on you to decide

No.2 Does anybody know that does the brand really matter??

yes, it can matter a great deal.

would the rims be rough and get deformed soon if they're from a no-name brand??

perhaps, but not your biggest concern with cheap wheels.

No.3 I'm looking the rims on ebay...does anybody know how come the rims are so cheap on ebay?

some are cheap because they suck. some are cheap because people need to get rid of them. some are cheap because they are stolen. some are cheap because they the seller stole them, found out the suck, and now has to get rid of them.

Are those knocking off stuff?? some, yes, without question.

welcome to our site, steven. i moved this over into the wheel forum, cause thats what i do around here. if those answers didnt help you out enough, please feel free to browse the endless threads on wheels, pose another question, or try out our search function. again, welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Some rims are discontinued & need to be gotten rid of.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by steven7677@Oct 29 2005, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know how's ADR rims?
and wut exactly is "225/40/18" or "215/45-17 "
wut's the differences??
the first 2 numbers: 225/40 is the tires size. the last number: /18 is the size of the rim

·
Registered
19 Posts
225/40/18

225 is the with of the tire (i forget in what kind of measurement)
40 is the definition (example 40 is a thinner tire than 45)(another example would be the distance from the rim to the floor)
18 is the size of the rim that its going to fit (this wheel goes on an 18 inch rim)

in racing terms i 225 would provide more traction than 215 but it also depends how wide the rim is too

hope that helps

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
OMGWTFBBQ!?! It never ceases to amaze me what people refuse to research. Dave, don't listen to this crap. Go to the Tire Rack and get an education. They have one of the most complete tech sections you'll find anywhere on the web, and if you call them on the phone, they'll be happy to clarify anything you don't understand.

Damieen - go there yourself. Please don't answer questions without doing some research. Definition? WTF??? Whoever told you that crap should not be giving anyone advice about tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.