Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people. i just got a white TC and I want to find out what would be the best tint? I dont want to get pulled over by the cops but I like dark. Im not sure how numbers go but if you can help that would be awesome! show me yours??

also, I want to get different rims....I just cant find the right ones...can you help.....no haters...K?

ME

[edit]fixed your img tags. [/edit]

·
Registered
218 Posts
It all depends on what your state legal limits are. what state do you live in.... I also have a white tC
the only things i have done to mine so far is the front grille and custom intake... soon to lower + exhaust and new shoes for the ride once the tax return comes and later this year a trd super charger.....

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome to the forum~ SAFE BET is to go something higher then 35%.. I talked to my tint guy, he said he gets at least 2 or 3 customers that come back every week to get their tints taken off.. probably b/c I am now residing in the booonies of PA.. other major cities.. i've seen no problem. My friend has Limo tints on both his cars Focus/2005 Wrx imprezza and hasn't had any problems..

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have 35% on all glass except the windshield and have zero visibility problems. 20% is where it starts to get iffy @ night. Make sure you get something legal though unless the thought of some overzealous cop taking a razor to your tint doesn't really both you. If it helps any the front sunroof is ~22.5%.

Wheels are much more of a personal thing. Do you want something wider? Lighter? Bigger? Do you want show or go?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Welcome. Let us know which state you're in, and we can tell you the legal limits. As for rims, shop around and see what you like. Do you want simple clean looks or something more wild?

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to the IWFA (.com) California is limited to no less than 70% transmission on the front side windows, but you can blot out the sun on the rears and the back windshield.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by Luckyjbbaby1@Feb 1 2006, 05:59 PM
so what is the highest tint. I mean I wouldnt get that Just curious. I live in California. You guys know nay sites to look at some rims?
TireRack

Discount Tire Direct

Edge Racing

1010 Tires

Wheels Next

That should get you started. TireRack is setup so you can see what the wheels look like on your car also.

Also, the front windows are factory tinted @ ~75% so you probably shouldn't touch those if you want to stay legal (assuming 70% is the correct legal value).

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Tints for front sides are 70%, Rear sides are any%, Rear window is any% legal. Now, 70% really is NOTHING. I bet you could swing 50%. It won't be much there, though. Rear windows I'd go with 25%.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
My uncle lives in Ventura, CA, and he said that a cop gave him a fix-it-ticket at the airport recently. He said that he has about the lightest tint, and he thinks it was some kind of scam, so I'm assuming it was 70-75%.

Here in Indiana the limit is 30-35%, but nobody really cares, so mine are 17%. I've seen limo tint all around on some, and even half reflective on a few.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello and welcome. I live in California and have my windows at 5% in the back and 15% on the driver and passenger side. Have not had any problems yet (Knock on Wood). It is a little dark for night time driving but you get used to it. If it matters any here is how it looks.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I have had 20% all around for a year and a half now, and I have not gotten used to it.
The only way for me to see anything at night is to roll down the side windows.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.