Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night my car got broken into, they only had time to grab my cd's and I don't know why, but they took my scion tc info book from the glove compartment, nothing else, they had time to pop the hood and the trunk and I thought they would've tried to steal my sub if it wasn't for my dog barking like crazy and waking me up in time to see them. So I realized I need to drop some $ on an alarm. Is the scion alarm worth the money, i'd like to have it work with the keyless entry that we have, what other alarms are good for the $ and might work with our keyless entry key. Thanks

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There are a couple of real good posts in this section that discuss a few different types of alarms. One word of advice, go aftermarket, do not get the stock alarm. I prefer mainly DEI alarm systems (python, viper, etc...) You can get it with a pager and everything

Ed

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I just looked around and I like the idea of the Viper 560 with the remote start, if I get that about how much am I looking at for installation? I figure if i'm gonna buy a good alarm I might as well get something cool like the remote start with it

Also, I'm looking up more info on the Viper 560xv and it's showing up as remote start security system... just for clarification, does it come with a "security system" or is it just a "secure remote start?"

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It is a security system, with a remote start add on. Im not sure on that model, i didn't do remote start because i have a manual and i got a really good python system for 375, expect anywhere from 350-550 for a good system with all the toys

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have the viper 791xv w/remote start all sorts of options plus the additional tilt sensor, audio sensor, and backup battery system....

total cost w/install 500

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I talked to one of the install guys and he said I would have to give up my valet key because of the immobilizer on our car, and that they would be hiding the key in my car so that when I remote start it would relay the chip signal? Is this what they did with your remote starts and if so, do they use the whole key or just the chip? The reason I"m asking is cause if they hide the whole key, couldn't someone just find the key and steal the whole car?

·
Registered
339 Posts
my remote start isn't hooked up cause its a manual, not yet atleast

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do you think about the Autopage brand 2 way remote alarms? I know they aren't the viper brand, but I guess imo i'm just looking for a decent alarm system

·
Registered
339 Posts
GO WITH DEI ALARMS

these include viper, python, hornet, and various other brands...you wont be disappointed.

www.dei.com

·
Registered
346 Posts
i am also getting the viper 791xv with 2 way pagin, tilt sensor, window roll up/down, back battery, and glass break sensor. spare no expense getting a nice alarm. it will save you more money in the long run than the amount you invest into the alarm and the install. its the first mod im getting once i get paid this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.