Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I took my 2005 tC to a local body shop for painting. A few days ago, I noticed that the radio station reception was not good, but didn't take much notice. Two days ago I was working on the rear hatch door and bumped up against the antenna and it broke off right where it threads in. I looked at it and noticed that it was rusted and had some sort of epoxy inside. I have no proof that the auto body persons did this, and I am not going to accuse anyone.
The problem is that I ended up removing the rubber and the knurled stud that somehow attaches to the antenna shaft out of the antenna base. It was a mess. What I have now is the coaxial cable end that extends up out of the rear quarter panel at the base, but no way to attach a new antenna to it. I have no idea what it is called, but I need a coupling that will push down into the coaxial opening at the base that also has a threaded bolt on the opposite end through which the new antenna will thread onto. I saved the exterior pieces that cover the coax but I am at a loss as to fix this thing. I think I need some sort of adapter/connector such as an FME connector or something similar. I have pictures that I hope will help clarify the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I looked on Toyota/Scion dealer part sites and the base with cable runs over $200.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up purchasing a used antenna base/amplifier from ebay for a third of the cost of a new one.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Order an S2000 antenna as well. It fits the OEM base perfectly and looks a million times better than the long OEM one does. My tC and my s2000 have one :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts