Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem ive tried searching and nothing. well when i try to open the sunroof it tries to open on the passengers side and the drivers side of it does not move. it will move up a little but not the drivers side and i dont want to break the glass trying to open it i dunno if its stuck or if something is broken plz help i would like to fix it if i can or if this is something that i would have to take to a dealership. thanks in advance

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Check your tracks to see if anything is bent or jammed. The sunroof only works off one motor that moves the whole thing so the tracks must be the problem. If you can get it to move slowly, have someone pull it from behind on the driver's side so you can see the whole track once the roof is back, then try to clear anything/check for bends in the track.

Then grease the crap out of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ive tried to open it but it only opens a tad on one side but it feels like if i try to open it it will break the glass. but i will try to have someone help me open it like u said i hope this works thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
well ive tried to open it but it only opens a tad on one side but it feels like if i try to open it it will break the glass. but i will try to have someone help me open it like u said i hope this works thanks
Did this work? The same thing happens with my sunroof. I am afraid that the glass will shatter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The passenger glass does not more from the start of trying to open the moonroof. Anyway, I took a look at the tracks and they are clean. I can't see what is holding or impeding the left side of the glass from lifting up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts