Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys or gals so i really need some help here. I’ll try to keep it short. So i washed my engine bay and it started after and i took it out the next day and was driving fine. But when i got home it died on me ( perfect timing) i jumped it and it wouldn’t start. It wouldn’t crank or nothing so i checked out the battery and i noticed it a little low so i was thinking alternator but the next day i went to go mess with it started cranking and alternator was rolling so i was like hell yah but it still didn’t want to start. So i checked if i was getting spark and i wasn’t because water had gone in the coils so i replaced 3 of them and i started to get spark, air, and fuel but still no spark. So at this point i have a new battery, new spark plugs, and new coil packs. I can’t keep on dumping money into this for it not to start. I had a buddy come read some codes and the “Transmission Control Module” had a “lose connection” so i took it out blew it out with compressed air and plugged it back it and now the code is gone so that’s dope. BUT STILL NO START if anyone has any ideas on what i should do or advice please feel free to let me know and it’ll be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You probably got water in the computer wiring harnesses. Perhaps after some time the residual water will evaporate and everything will be fine again. If you are handy with a meter you can always track down the ignition signal to make sure it is at least getting to the computer, or back track to find out where it stops and go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that’s honestly what i’ve been thinking too lately but i don’t really know how to work a meter, i have one but i feel like i’m not using it right lol. i mainly use it to check the battery. i’ve also been thinking about unplugging everything and putting a heat lamp to the entire engine bay while it sits in my garage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well as the temps are starting to drop lower, so should the humidity. So if it is the case that a harness or two has water trapped inside, you may have lucked out with the timing for the drop in humidity should help with naturally drying things out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as the temps are starting to drop lower, so should the humidity. So if it is the case that a harness or two has water trapped inside, you may have lucked out with the timing for the drop in humidity should help with naturally drying things out.
okay sweet hopefully water is just the issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts