Scion tC Forums banner

Need Help on Sunroof!

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  basilisk4 
#1 ·
I dont know if this has happened to other people here:

1. My battery went dead about a week ago.
2. My windows started working after i played with them a lil bit.
3. My sunroof will not open at all.

Ive seen what to do when ur windows dont work, but whats up with the sunroof??? Im kinda ticked off, and i would post in the tech section, but alot of times people dont read the little forums... Please if anyone can help, thanks.

#2 ·
hrmmm... sorry can't help ya... mine works beautifully... sux that ur sunroof is misbehavin...

#4 ·
Will they fix it with a system hooked up in it?? The reason the battery went dead is that i got the remote rigged up so i have to flip a switch to turn off the amp, I didnt feel like tearing up my dash and searching for the remote with the stock system.

#5 ·
They should.... I wouldn't think that has anything to do with your sunroof opening.

#6 ·
they should be able to fix it for you. i don't think you voided any warantees. i mean, what if you had your car for, say, 10 years already (or however long it takes a battery to die, i have no idea) and you replaced it yourself like you did now. i don't think they would refuse to help you with it then, so why should now be different? there might be a price though....

#7 ·
Try that:

Reset the power moon roof:

Push and hold moon roof switch to close
side until moon roof closes.

Hold for a further 2 seconds.

#8 ·
You have to reset it. Download the scion manual, should be a sticky somewhere around here. In there theres a document that tells you how to reset it.

#11 ·
im having a slight problem with the moonroof as well. When I push the close button, it starts to close as it should but then it stops about 2 inches from closing (while I'm pressing all the way down) so I have to press it again to close it. It didn't do that before. But another thing that was strange was that when you press "open" like two seconds of it and the window opens automatically, it stops about 2 inches from having it fully opened and I have to press it again to open it. Is this normal? I'll try to reset it like you said Zoltiz. Oh and you know how you can open it automatically if you press it for like 2 seconds, is it the same for closing b/c mine doesn't?

#12 ·
Both stops are normal. Dunno if the manual mentions it, but the "closing" stop is to prevent from pinching someone's extremities, and the "opening" stop is in the best position to reduce windnoise at higher speeds.

#13 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 8 2004, 09:00 PM
Both stops are normal. Dunno if the manual mentions it, but the "closing" stop is to prevent from pinching someone's extremities, and the "opening" stop is in the best position to reduce windnoise at higher speeds.
Also really the first stop is really good to just vent the heat out without letting someone in.

#16 ·
I'm pretty sure it doesn't close automatically.

#17 ·
when fully open, if you want to close it and you press and hold down the button to close, it will close all the way to that "safety point". then you have to let go of the button and press and hold it again for it to close.

#18 ·
sounds like some people need to read the manual
both stops are explained in the owner's manual... i remember cause i read it

#21 ·
Reset the moonroof like zoltiz said...and fix your amp setup so this doesn't happen again. It will void your warranty if the amp causes damage to your electrical system. "Overloading" is specifically mentioned as one of the things that can void your warranty...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.