Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im still relatively new to my 2010 tc 5spd, and i have some ideas in mind as to what im modding on it, but need your input as well. I currently just got tints and painted the spokes black, and have an Injen CAI coming in the mail soon.

After that i was planning on doing a full exhaust and headers(thinking TRD or something else thats not too loud) Eventually somewhere down the road a tune and maybe stage 2 clutch or something.

Thats where i kinda left off. In terms of performance mods what do you guys recommend. I realize that by deciding to keep my car naturally aspirated, i lose a lot of potential with my car, but its also my daily driver car, so i dont wana do anythign extreme. So turbos and SC aside, what do you guys think i should go with?
-Thanks

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
everyone will tell you that you will get little to no gain from a tune on a N/A tC and also that the stage 2 clutch would be overkill on a N/A because OEM will do just fine, stick to exterior mods or just turbo it !! but i do like my TRD exhaust its a good choice. and also im a noob so dont mind of some of my info is a little off lol.

just my .02

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i wasnt too sure on the Tune if it were completely neccessary or not. i think ill just get maybe some HID's or something too for the visual appeal, maybe a front lip and side skirts? maybe a CF hood if i can find one for cheap & lightly used.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
very good choice IMO just make sure to keep it clean, maybe invest in some coilovers or some lowering springs and a nice set of wheels :D also the HID's will look great in our projectors you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found an old(semi-old) thread of your albers, and a pic with blue HIDs. They look real nice! mind if i copy you? haha. And as for wheels, i just painted the spokes black so i think it looks far enough from the average tC. im happy with the way it came out and i dont think its neccessary to get a new set of rims, although i am prepared the get them re-done powdercoated after a few monthes/years when the paints starts looking like crap.

also, the more i creep around the forums, the more i learn. And i see that strut tower bars seem to be a pretty common, cheap mod that many people go with. The install for this cant be too difficult, right? the front id imagine is just unbolting and bolting a few things, and the rear cant be too far off from the same; correct me if im wrong of course

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the struts were not difficult at all too install and none of my threads are old LMAO i only got the car in February haha but yeah go for it, i love the Blue LED's in my headlights people always love it when i roll up with just them on !! i always get comments.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you end up getting the 20% tints? lol not quite finnished reading this thread (bored as F*CK at work right now, haha) because i got 35% tints and got pulled over the second week i got them done -.- BUT in all fairness, southington is a town of cocky cops with nothing better to do, i know other towns arent quite as particular.

How much did the Hids cost you if you dont mind me askign?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
haha im at work with nothing to do also. but yeah they are 20% and i have noo trouble yet with the police ( knock on wood ) and as for the LEDS i got them here > Scion TC Exterior Accessories but you could probably find them cheaper and as for HIDS i got themfrom here > HID 6000K Volt Digital HID Kits i believe we use the H11 bulb. and i think i got them for $125? i think i used an online coupon also for like 10% off.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so for HID's, (excuse my noobie-ness) is it as simple as screwing in the new lightbulb, or is there more to it than that? (working off stock ofcourse)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
uhm basically you just have to connect a few wires as well. they are really easy since they are plug and play ( meaning you just plug them in and go !! ) just make sure to wear gloves so you dont **** up the bulbs from the oils on your hands.

edit:http://scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46554 give that a read, i think they are different years but its basically all the same. i think thats all i read and had no problem and i have little to no experience.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aright sounds good man. Thanks for the input! when my tc is a little further down the road of modding we should deff have a photoshoot lol. in the meantime ill try to get pics of the progress on my tc.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
haha no doubt man. PM me if you have any more questions. or wanna do that photoshoot haha

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
poppin in my first actual mod. Injen CAI. AND FINALLY GOT SOME PCIS :D Dont mind the akward angles and what not, its frmo my laptop webcam so you can imagine how weird it was to hold a 17inch laptop in the air just for the cam lol.

Also finally got a pic of how the rims look after i did a self painting job. Not too shabby enh? i know they wont last forever due to inevitable weathering and the elements, but ill get them powder coated once they really start looking like crap. And unfortunately this pic of the rims is NOT when they are clean. It looks much better when they shine from a nice wash.

Ill try to get another pic once everythings all set and done with of the full car.

So far ive only done a few things
-painted rims
-debadged the rear side
-tints 35%
-Injen CAI installation pending

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i thought i had to take it off o.o lol then i realized it wasnt totally neccessary. oh well. all set and done with now. It Sounds Beautiful. Zero regrets with my Black finish Injen Cold Air intake. Ill try to get more pics and maybe a video sometime tomorrow if you're lucky ;D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
good get a TRD exahust now i love the sound with them both. and also +1 for DIY but you should look into some badgeless grilss!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea the TRD exhaust is definitely on the todo list. Still strongly considering new headers as well. and actually i redid the front bottom corner grills with my buddy.(although i wana buy a new front center grill as well) We took out the solid wall plastic corner grills and replaced them with some black painted wire fence-like mesh. (a very similar pattern) This way mroe airflow can get to the Intake because its positioned DIRECTLY behind the right corner grill. I debadged the rear tC and dealership sticker that was on it, and have been kind of considering replacing the Scion emblems with a black and silver optimus Prime autobots head emblem that i found on ebay lol. i actually saw it on some car in my town a few monthes ago and thought it was hilarious lol. I know it would match my paint scheme perfectly as well.
In addition i wana get HID bulbs for the interior and eventually exterior.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,075 Posts
If you get a header, better get a biigggg resonator and something other than trd exhaust or it will sound horrible. Raspy as hell.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you get a header, better get a biigggg resonator and something other than trd exhaust or it will sound horrible. Raspy as hell.
Thanks engi, I will be sure to keep that in mind. Again, im still pretty new to most of this, but im trying my best to soak my brain with all the knowledge online. I know ill be doing plenty of research upon the items i get to make sure everythings compatible and whatnot before i purchase anything. Again tho, little comments and tips like that are always noted and appreciated. Thanks

1 - 20 of 60 Posts