Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only got 3 questions:

1. Are Yokohama AS430 better then Avon Tech M550 A/S?

2. Is $642 too much to pay for tires and alinement? ($129 a tire)

3. Should I have the dealer put the tires on and aline the car insted of Town Fair Tire?

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Why do you need alignment? Just change the tires.

By Yoko AS430 you mean the Avid H4s? They're High Performance all-seasons compared to the Avons, which are ULTRA high performance all-seasons. Yoko Avid H4s have a H-speed rating, while the Avons have a W speed rating which is higher. The Avon Techs are also better rated and cheaper.

I paid $25/tire for mount and balance. You don't need an alignment if you're just changing tires.

Do it at a tire place - they'll do it right and for cheaper.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My alliment is off by very very little, backed into a curb sratched the rim sorta thing..i'm not sure if there an avid A4 or not, the website shows nothing, they say call and find out.... I think there Avid Sd or something.. Maybe I just should get the Avon tires... Dealer wants $115 to mount and balance the tires. As far as tire shops, they all suck around here, Town Fair tire can never get any balances right... Where did you get your Avon's from, Discount Tire?

· Registered
4,894 Posts
TireRack. I say go with the Avons. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.