Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who's irritated that the new Cobalt SS, Porsche Cayman, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and a slew of other cars made it into this game (which I just finished dow....
), but not our car? GRRR. Whatever. First car I bought was the Cobalt, just to get a better feel for it (as much as one can in a video game anyway). IMO, the cars really do handle/accelerate as they would in real life, and the mod's you buy one step at a time add just enough power not to really notice. I've been playing for 2 days straight now. I'm 22% through, with a Cobalt SS Supercharged Stage 2 (lots of other mods), a Mitsu-Eclipse (haven't touched it, it's too ugly.. i'll sell it for money), and my new beast , one of the new mazda RX models with a V8. It's awesome. In all, I love this game, but I see no reason why they couldn't have added our car to the line up.

Here's a random shot when I took a couple hours ago (for those of you who haven't seen this game)..

And btw, am I the only one who thinks that if you pick a manual transmission in this game (or other racing games), they should give you a button for the clutch? *shrug*

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
you serious about a clutch button? you'd need 6 fingers or something.

i suck at racing games tho... playing manual is enough work for me... dont need extra buttons to complicate things

·
Registered
136 Posts
In racing games like NFS i can't stand playing without manual, downshifting a few gears to help powerslide around corners and such is always alot of fun, and i get annoyed with auto. Buuut in real life i've never even driven a stick......

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It helps alot to downshift around the corners without having to get on the brakes. Also, there is a race event called "drag" (the red flag events) where you have to use the manual mode, and the game explains early/good/perfect/late shifts. So if you normaly use the manual tranny, these events are a lot easier.

I think it's funny though. My buddy was just watching me play, and he was criticizing me for using the analog sticks with my ps2 controller for movement left/right and acceleration/brakes/reverse, along with the fact I use the manual tranny. He's a complete 180. He said he uses the D-Pad and the buttons. Sorry. But with my way, I can give the car SOME movement left/right, and SOME throttle/brakes with the joy-stick, versus all or nothing with the D-Pad and buttons. No thnx.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
i agree about the clutch button. thought i was the only one. and if Gran Turismo didnt give us one then i dont expect anybody else to. i was pissed the tC wasnt in that game ethier. they had the stupid xA and didnt have the tC? the hell?
i hope we dont have to wait for sum super lame game first to see a bad representation of our tCs.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Street Racing Syndicate and Toca Race Driver 2 both have where you can clutch when you have the manual. Too bad neither game is all that fun... Guess I'm just spoiled by NFS and GT games. heh. I tried to rent NFS: Most Wanted last night, but they were all checked out. So was Battlefront 2.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 28 2005, 09:27 AM
That's a weird looking shopping cart handle on the Cobalt there

i agree about the clutch: it would be more realistic with a clutch button but i think most people would not like it because it complicates the game to much

i am pissed that the tC isnt in that game, yet the CHEVY COBALT SS IS!!!!!!!
WTF!!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's cuz the cobalt's domestic and it's easier for EA to get licensed to use them.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
If the tC was in NFS it'd be the slowest car in the game. They would have had to put it in the same class as the cobolt, which isn't fair.

I fully expect the next gran turismo and forza games to have the tC.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Nov 28 2005, 01:28 PM
If the tC was in NFS it'd be the slowest car in the game. They would have had to put it in the same class as the cobolt, which isn't fair.

I fully expect the next gran turismo and forza games to have the tC.
each gran turismo game has a s**t load of cars in it so the tC is likely to be included

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well, a couple months ago there was a guy here asking for pics of a stock tC (Which I gave him) - his company made Big Mutha Truckers. They're putting the tC in their next game. Dunno what it's gonna be called though.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Mine were of good resolution, but not all were of correct angles. Hopefully it was enough!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Resize the image for the love of god! But with that said... NFS:MW is most definitely fun w/ the Logitech Momo Steering wheel. You talk about analog input for steering left/right and throttle/braking... try beating that with your silly PS2 controller
I'm currently at 98% completion of the game after playing it for almost 3 days straight... it's good fun. Currently my favorite poison to drive is the Audi TT (fully upgraded, the thing is a monster... perfect handling, almost max acceleration/top speed). That's what I use for the real races, I have a C06 (also fully modified) and a SRT10 (maxed out) that I use for building up bounty... I consider those my throw away cars. They are perfect on the highway, but on the streets g'damn are they horrible. I also was playing it online and I have yet to be beaten by anybody else... they always make fun of the TT for starters... until I'm 10+s ahead of them and still going strong (I actually got 1.5mi ahead of one of the people I played online, that was hilarious).

The favorite race I've had in that game online is when I raced an EVO8, STI, and C06 all fully modified. My TT BARELY won against the C06 because of the nice straights near the end of the course, which that bad boy is made for... but when we were in the twisties the other cars were REALLY struggling to catch up to me. As far as in-game handling, the EVO8 and STI are severely lacking when it comes to handling as compared to the TT... and just ignore the fact that I work for APR

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Nov 28 2005, 01:51 PM
Well, a couple months ago there was a guy here asking for pics of a stock tC (Which I gave him) - his company made Big Mutha Truckers. They're putting the tC in their next game. Dunno what it's gonna be called though.
If it's as bad as Big Mutha Trukers, who cares?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.