Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to put an '06 HU in my 05 tC, but looks like it comes with no wiring for the Aux-in. I need to see if there is a special connector for the aux, or something straightforward.

Can anyone post a pic of the back of the '06 regular HU?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Dang I wish I had seen this earlier. I'll take a pic for you tomorrow when we finalize the install of my system.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm doing the same thing. I bought the '06 HU off of eBay. It should be here tomorrow. I'll post a pic. Let me know if you figure anything out.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the pics of the '06 HU rear end - looks just like our '05 - nothing different. I asked the guy that I'm buying the HU from to leave the connector and a piece of wiring (he does not want to take out entire thing - does not want a hole in the center console). Anyway, if I get my HU with a piece of the harness - I'll let everybody know.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the wiring diagram for the regular '06 HU, but not the iPod one.

Regular one uses 4 pins on the regular HU harness to connect to the aux-in. I'd guess that iPod HU has a similar setup, maybe more wires, plus you need an iPod connector - a bit more complicated than regular aux 3.5mm jack.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Zoltiz -- You figured out the Aux-In wiring? Please share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.