Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scion Announces First Full Month Of Nationwide Sales For Scion xA, xB And All New tC

August 3, 2004 - Torrance, CA - Scion, the new line of cars from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., reported July sales of 14,793 units. July represented the first full month of nationwide sales for all three Scion vehicles - the xA subcompact, xB urban utility vehicle and the all-new tC sports coupe. Calendar-year-to-date sales for Scion totaled 46,016.

"The Scion business model has gone national and it's off to a great start," said Jim Farley, vice president of Scion. "The combination of upscale products at affordable prices served up in a buyer-friendly environment is striking a chord with consumers."

The 160-horsepower tC sports coupe, designed exclusively for Scion and the U.S. market, posted July sales of 6,297 units. The Scion xB enjoyed a best-ever month with 5,815 units sold, while xA sales remained steady at 2,681 units.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
good numbers. toyota is claiming that with the scion line, we will shape the future of cars and car buying. here's hoping they are right. then again, toyota has a knack for making huge claims that everyone laughs at - and then pulling it off with great success. remember cadillac and lincoln balking at the idea that toyota could pull off a luxury line? they said it would never work.
how's lexus doing these days?

so nice to be in the mix of this product line at the inception. cant wait to see how it unfolds from here.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Buying a car from Scion was one of the worst car-buying experiences my family has ever had- we had to wait over a month and finally got a word from the dealer that the car would be in soon (which happened to be two weeks later(not soon)), then they call a few days before the car was supposed to come in and said two of the options I ordered weren't available, then one wasn't available and the other was... let's just say it wasn't a good experience.
And now Toyota is saying this is how the future of car-buying is going to be?
No thank you.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by Andfx8@Aug 16 2004, 12:04 AM
Buying a car from Scion was one of the worst car-buying experiences my family has ever had- we had to wait over a month and finally got a word from the dealer that the car would be in soon (which happened to be two weeks later(not soon)), then they call a few days before the car was supposed to come in and said two of the options I ordered weren't available, then one wasn't available and the other was... let's just say it wasn't a good experience.
And now Toyota is saying this is how the future of car-buying is going to be?
No thank you.
Well just remember the car is brand new... and the company SCION is kinda brand new.

About your wait... I think everyone's gone through a similar thing since the car is in such a high demand. About the parts you ordered... that does suck that they don't have it... what did you get anyways that hasn't come in???

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 16 2004, 07:22 AM
About your wait... I think everyone's gone through a similar thing since the car is in such a high demand. About the parts you ordered... that does suck that they don't have it... what did you get anyways that hasn't come in???
My spoiler is currently on back-order, and the service department at my dealership told me that it's like that across the country. Goody.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It was the wheels then the exhaust. It's actually kinda good the exhaust didn't come in because I'm having second thoughts on it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
They are just backed ordered on these things.... anyways... about the sales thing... I heard that SCIONs outsold Mazdas and BMWs for the month of July!!!!! Yippie!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think that HKS sells a nice cat-back exhaust....might be a bit louder than the TRD exhaust but it looks nice and is a straight thru design with a small resonator. I have the HKS on my Supra and it sounds very nice.
I am waiting on the dealer to get the Flint Mica 5speed in stock so I can buy it....sounds like it might come in on the next allocation...hopefully. I am willing to wait if I can get the right color with a manual tranny.
Anyone have the short shifter and TRD clutch installed?? I would like to hear about those mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts