Scion tC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the best of my knowledge, in the years that YSTC has been around, there hasn't been a NATIONAL meet. While talking with Drew [AKtC], we have decided to organize this meet. As of right now there isn't a date, set of dates, or anything asides from the general Summer of 2011 idea. Obviously this is going to take some work, and pretty much everyone is going to be forced to drive more than just a few miles to make this work. Thus the year and a half notice. There is a strong pull from Cali, but everyone can't just pick up and drive that far out there so let's try and make this a central theme, getting away from the coasts, to make this as fair as possible. Remember, we are striving for a National meet.
Any input is appreciated.

Any ideas for the location, feel free to belt them out, that's what this thread is for!

Come on guys and girls, let's make this work!

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
QUOTE (paul.segovich @ Dec 22 2009, 02:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=513329
and pretty much everyone is going to be forced to drive more than just a few miles to make this work.[/b]
Literally... Like.. Forced. We carry big guns.

But no, in all honesty, this is something we would like to see happen. We know everyone that has local members has met here and there. And we also know others have met on business trips, vacations, etc. Now yeah, not all of us want to MEET some people on here. Haha. But a YSTC Meet on a National level would be pretty epic. That's one of the reasons this is the only tC site I frequent. Strictly because the community here seems to be more "family" than "business".

Like Paul said, any input would be appreciated. And yes, some critics are gonna say, "THIS IS A YEAR AND A HALF AWAY", but with me deploying until Fall of next year, and Paul BEING deployed right now, and some peoples funds and readiness of their rides... This notice is pretty necessary.

Either way, me and Paul are gonna drive somewhere and hang out. We would just like to turn it into a bigger scale type meet!

Input would be awesome as far as locations, ideas, etc!

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big super awesome guns.
And just throwing it out there, that if you have to drive near or through Illinois, My house is your house. If you'd want a place to stay, or just hang out for another day, no problems there.

We can do this everyone. Let's get some ideas!

Just to get the ball rolling.

There is a state park 20 miles out of Ottawa. Beautiful place, ample parking. A few good restaurants to eat after a nice drive through the ravines of the park.
http://www.starvedrockstatepark.org/
This probably wont be ideal for anyone but the few of us around the mid-west. But it's a start! Post your ideas!

Eventually we'll get a poll going with the best ideas and we will go from there.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Reaper @ Dec 22 2009, 05:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=513333
I would be down, but in the next year and a half I might now have my tC any more :/[/b]
No problem man. This is more about meeting the people and friends of YSTC than it is to show of your tC. At least that's how I'm looking at it.
I'd like to put faces to screen names, and just have a good time. No worries about what car you have!

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Still welcome to come Reap. Like I said, it's a MEET, not necessarily a SHOW. Lol.

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
I would be down for this if ya'll got it planned. I'm far too lazy lol. it would be quite neat to meet everyone!

·
Resident Swagologist
4,929 Posts
STL isn't exactly central. KC is pretty much the most central you can get, but there really isn't anything cool here, so I wouldn't try to persuade you guys ACTUALLY plan a meet here.

I like Dallas. :-D

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Yeah like I said... Making it actually happen wont be a big deal. Either way me and Paul are probably gonna meet up somewhere. It's up to everyone else if they want to join in. And all rides are welcome, Foques. I could use some sweet shots of the 5.0 from someone who knows what they are doing with a camera. =D

·
In George I Trust
7,717 Posts
QUOTE (Foques @ Dec 22 2009, 11:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=513399
thanks, Ak.
I can guarantee one thing, if I do drag my lazy ass out, there will be a lot of pictures...[/b]
Same here.

We've alway's discussed a meet, but we were alway's waiting for a certain member (me) to be around to do it. Now that I'm around.... well..... No talk has been done. Moving on.

This would bring up the question of what car to bring...........

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
QUOTE (AKtC @ Dec 22 2009, 03:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=513330
Strictly because the community here seems to be more "family" than "business".[/b]
THIS (haha G).

This is why I'm here, instead of other forums like SL or Club.

I'd be down for a national YSTC meet.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (Foques @ Dec 22 2009, 11:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=513376
don't know what I will be driving by then, but I may be in.
Wanted to shoot starved rock anyway.[/b]
I live 15 minutes away from a few different state parks. When I'm home I'll shoot you a message, I could walk those trails/area all day.

QUOTE (Dalcow04 @ Dec 22 2009, 02:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=513408
I too nominate Dallas...and not just because I live here.[/b]
Is that two for Dallas?
I'm not emotionally attached to one place or another.
I just want this to happen!

Either way as Drew has stated, we will have a meet somewhere. Just trying to please everyone wont necessarily work.
But let's make the best of it guys/girls.
:yes:
Again, this is a YSTC meet, not a tC show.
And anyone who doesn't want to drive can ride in my tC as long as it's on the way to wherever we go!

1 - 20 of 649 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.