Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a 2007 model

few hints, it is a new version of an existing model, it's no new tC or anything made by scion and it's probably more expensive than most of the folk here can afford.

The reason I'm doing this is cause I think it is similar to the tC and it caught my eye.
Let me know what you think and I will "unveil" the name in a day or two.
and don't cheat!

· Registered
187 Posts
well by the link i know who makes it, don't know which model yet.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah...looks like a BMW. Is it a new 6 Series?

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah, looks too small to be a 6 series.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
M3:

What Edmunds.com Says: Eight-cylinder power finally makes its way to BMW's smallest M car, but with more competition than ever before it's going to need more than just displacement to stay ahead of the game.

What We Know: After the launch of the redesigned 3 Series for the 2005 model year, BMW is expected to follow up with an all-new M3 shortly thereafter. Power will come from an all-new 4.0-liter V8 with roughly 400 horses and a quick-shifting SMG transmission. No word yet on whether it will incorporate some of BMW's more advanced features like Active Steering and Active Roll Stability, but its going to need all the help it can get with a car like Audi's RS4 to contend with.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, according to the new naming scheme, being that we're looking at a coupe/2-door, that may be a test mule of the upcoming BMW 4-series.

-Ed

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Interesting; and this whole time I've been hearing that the next 2-door small M would be M4. Oh well...

-Ed

Edit: Is the M2 out in Europe yet? Did they can that project?

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Aug 31 2005, 08:11 PM
there is a 2 series already???
i only heard of the 1 series
1, 3, 5, 7 series are sedan. 2, 4, 6 series are coupe. This is what I heard was the direction of BMW market dispersion, but then again they were merely rumors.

-Ed

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes it's the new M3, I think it's fancy pants, there are a lot better pictures of it now that I've done some searching. wonder how people feel about a V-8 and not an inline-6.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
That's odd. The M3 was a two door coupe for quite sometime. It was a revelation when they made the four door M3.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Aug 31 2005, 08:30 PM
That's odd. The M3 was been a two door coupe for quite sometime. It was a revelation when they made the four door M3.
What I had heard was that, going forward, the two-door models would be going by even series numbers and the four-door models would continue as the odd series numbers, particularly with the reintroduction of the 6-series which are all two-door models as well as the Z4. They were, supposedly, doing to make all next-generation two-door models that would be 3-series coupes be the 4-series models and only have 4-door models actually sold as 3-series. M3 would be the sedan, M4 would be the coupe. I do not know if this idea has been canceled out, however, and it wouldn't entirely surprise me; M4 might not have the kind of aura around it like M3 does, even if it is just the new name for 2-door M3s.

Such is the way of rumors...

-Ed

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the new M3 is still gonna have 2 doors. BMW is re-doing all of the 3 series, some of which are 4 doors. I couldn't find any offical M3 pictures, but here is a 2006 3 series coupe

3 series coupe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.