Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to buy a nitrous oxide kit for my car... i know your first reaction is "holy crap this kid hates his warranty." the thing is that i haven't decided for sure if i wanted to buy a nitrous kit, such things as a voided warranty, bottle refils and finding a kit that fits have bothered me.

but putting all of those worries aside, which kit would fit a tc? i'm looking for a wet kit particularly. i've been thinking that the 2.4 liter camry kit would fit, since it's the same engine, but i've been hearing things about corolla and matrix parts fitting, so it all confuses me.

thanks in advance for all your help

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
The 2.4 Camry kit would be best, it is exactly the same engine. How big a shot do you want?

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking that a 50 shot would be reasonable, i'd go 75 if it were "guaranteed" that it wouldn't do any harm. guaranteed in quotes because there's no such thing with nitro.

50 shot would be nice though, i don't think i'd have to do any fuel or ignition modification with that kind of a shot, although tuning would always be beneficial.

just one more question, would an intake and free flowing exhaust add much more power if i used it with nitrous, or would it be a waste of time and money.

thanks again for the help

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Anything that adds before the nitrous will continue to add after it, so yes, there is a benefit to other power adders.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
IF you do a dry kit, you'll need to add a spacer of some sort between the throttle body and the intake manifold. Putting a dry shot further up the intake would run a risk of blowing your motor. I'd also suggest getting an aluminum intake pipe such as a CAI before doing any sort of Nitrous. As far as a wet kit goes, going in with the fuel, i'm not sure what else you'd need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.