Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my XM radio stopped working and all it does is flash "ANTENNA" on the head unit. I've checked the wires and plugs; nothing is different than it was two days ago.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@May 12 2005, 04:11 PM
It usually did that if one of the 2 wires got unplugged. Check if there are any bends in the wire - it can break, and probably already did.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the wire is broken. It isn't giving the "NO SIGNAL" thing; it says, "ANTENNA"

So how can I get JUST a new antenna?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@May 12 2005, 07:23 PM
I got mine from a local sound shop, but they should be online everywhere. Try eBay, too.

Btw, why don't you take it in for warranty?
I bought the tuner from sparks and installed it myself. When the antenna stopped working I checked the xm reciever and found out that the antenna wire was all wrapped up in a spring beneath the passenger's side seat...I'm pretty sure that's what broke the wire.

I can't really take it in for warrenty when the dealership had nothign to do with it. Is there a warrenty through sparks, or directly through scion? Even so I'd probably have to send the WHOLE thing back and get a new one, and it might just be easier to buy a new antenna... I'll have to email Ken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.