Scion tC Forums banner

My XA experiance

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  moriarty 
#1 ·
My dad got an XA for a rental car. Man, what a world of difference between the XA and the TC. The XA has to be one of the worst vehicle I have ever had the misfortune to be in. it feels like you are sitting in a go cart, boxy, tight, the seet not very comfortable. I think my old 95 Sentra was more comfortable. The ride was nice (the car only had 2000 mi on it), the pick up was ok, not nearly as nice the TC. And the way the car is laid out is not very good either can't believe these cars are made by the same manufacture.

See less See more
#3 ·
For the money, xA is a great car. Has enough pickup, especially with 5-speed. Climate controls are too Echo-ish (cheap) in my opinion, but some people like em. Rear seating space is non-existent, but if you fold the seats down at least you get some cargo space. With the seats up - no cargo space at all. But it's a cute little college car that is reliable, cheap and fun to drive with minimal suspension mods...

Don't dis it - the thing is 30% cheaper than a tC and has 30% better gas mileage...

#4 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 8 2004, 08:20 AM
For the money, xA is a great car. Has enough pickup, especially with 5-speed. Climate controls are too Echo-ish (cheap) in my opinion, but some people like em. Rear seating space is non-existent, but if you fold the seats down at least you get some cargo space. With the seats up - no cargo space at all. But it's a cute little college car that is reliable, cheap and fun to drive with minimal suspension mods...

Don't dis it - the thing is 30% cheaper than a tC and has 30% better gas mileage...
those are all great points. i guess i was expecting somthing diffrent or mabey more, haveing experiacned the whole TC thing.

#5 ·
Nah...you're just spoiled. I test drove the three when they had the GM on wheels in my area (Echo, Aveo, xA) ....and on that note if I were reduced to driving one of those cars I'd probably see if they'd fly off of a cliff.....

However if that's only what you could afford or didn't need much... then that's what they're there for.

#9 ·
Originally posted by SilverX@Oct 9 2004, 09:06 PM
Still it's comparable. I like oranges more than apples. Some people may prefer small cars than bigger ones. Sedans over Luxury, etc.
You can prefer small cars over bigger ones, but not Sedans over Luxury - that's comparing puppies and credit cards...

#10 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 9 2004, 06:11 PM
that's comparing puppies and credit cards...
that great!

I actually had sombody ask me to compair the xA to a tC while i was working. I probibly shouldn't have but, I just sort of laughed. I said "there is no way i can compair these two cars. They are for different things." They ended up ordering a azure tC.

I guess this would be a case to file under "the correct tool for the job"

#11 ·
As for influencing people's car-buying decisions - my neighbor left a note under my windshield wiper this morning - she said "thank you". "Thank you for being a reason I discovered and fell in love w/the tC". That's one of the sweetest thing anyone ever wrote me

She saw my BSP tC on the parking lot and got herself a beautiful white tC couple of weeks ago. I almost choked on my morning coffee when I saw it 50 yards away from my car. All this in Conyers, GA - not really the civilization center of the universe...

#12 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 9 2004, 08:21 PM
As for influencing people's car-buying decisions - my neighbor left a note under my windshield wiper this morning - she said "thank you". "Thank you for being a reason I discovered and fell in love w/the tC". That's one of the sweetest thing anyone ever wrote me

She saw my BSP tC on the parking lot and got herself a beautiful white tC couple of weeks ago. I almost choked on my morning coffee when I saw it 50 yards away from my car. All this in Conyers, GA - not really the civilization center of the universe...
awwwww.

no but really, that is pretty nice.

#13 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 9 2004, 07:21 PM
Did she leave a phone # so you could call her up and have her take you out for a reward???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.