Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from a conversation with my friend....i was following a civic si and we were both moving faster then traffic when...

viva le greG: and we were in the left lane and he was in front of me
viva le greG: and he slowed down and switched lanes real fast cause there was a boat trailer in front of us goin real slow
viva le greG: and it was hit or miss the boat for me
viva le greG: so i tried swerving
viva le greG: and lost control
viva le greG: and spun sideways down the highway
viva le greG: and the civic nailed me drivers side door and flipped me
viva le greG: and i rolled like 3-4 times before landing upsiide down

yupp...i shutdown the highway for that one...

i probably wouldn't have spun if i had better tires, so let your first upgrade be better tires if you plan on driving your tc hard, it may very well save your life..rest assured the tc is a safe car i walked away from this with SCRATCHES.

im not proud of doing this trust me its a hard lesson to learn...i suggest you all try to not learn it my way tho...

soo yea...i got $17448 back for the car from my insurance company, pretty amazing i have a 500 deductible and the msrp on mine was 18200....

i will post pics of my new car next week...im getting a vr-4

PS> ALWAYS WEAR UR SEATBELT. my airbags did not deploy....and if it wasn't for that id be dead most likely...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
ouch... glad your okay

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
the tC took it like a CHAMP!!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Did you have side airbags? And damn man.. that sucks... glad that you walked away from it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone i am damn lucky to be alive...

i didn't havve side air bags...but yea man the car and the seatbelt saved my life

vr4 - all wheel drive all wheel steering twin turbo ;-)

so maybe this time my driving + car setup may work out better

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a faster car is probably the last thing you need until you calm down a little with your driving. I'm not meaning to criticize you, because I know where you're coming from, but I'm just being realistic...

In any event, glad you are okay.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i've driven a vr4.. very fast car.. clutch was so heavy.. dont' think i could do that clutch all day.. it was like lifting weights.. not my cup of tea..

damn.. glad you're ok though.. hit or miss situation.. i would have slowed down.. hehe not to be a smart a$$

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i here you all trust me i have been getting the 'why are you getting a faster car if you almost killed ur self in your tc?' from everyone

reason is i found a hell of a deal on this car..as in its pretty much a steal for the condition its in...

since the accident i drive like a grand ma hah...so if i am going to be doing any aggressive driving it will be on the track..

it really was a hit or miss situation, i had no change to slow down

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by greg091@Nov 4 2005, 10:43 PM
since the accident i drive like a grand ma hah...so if i am going to be doing any aggressive driving it will be on the track..
Just be careful out there...hopefully this will be "the thing" that slows you down a little. Like I said, I know where you're coming from.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i hear ya. makes you look at things VERY differently

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.