Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this race took place a few days ago, we raced 4 times, from 0-110mph 3 times, then from 15mph-110mph, I had a lead each time.

my only mods are K&N CAI & Megan header.. the spec-v was bone stock. I hope this proves stock vs. stock, it's pretty much a driver's race, and with a few mods on the tC you'll win without a problem.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=specvstc_0001

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got to watch the video for the first time.. and the first & last race were from a stop.. the middle race was from a 15mph roll in 1st gear.

and no, i'm not sure why I turned on my highbeams before I took off, I don't even remember doing it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
cool... nice vid

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sweet. I wish you had a solo flyby, just for the sound of the exhaust/engine, if that was the tC, it sounded nice, although maybe it was a combination of both...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the K&N CAI from hopupracing.com, it took about 8 weeks to get to my house..

The megan header I got from creativecompacts.. I would not recommend that because the precat came out and got stuck in my exhaust (behind the s-pipe), they're coming out with a new design in mid-June so I'd definately wait until then or get the alphawerks header.

the CAI was about $240, the header was about the same.

Oliver, I have a video of me going past the camera alone at about 60-70mph, i'm uploading it right now so you can hear it.. it sounds pretty loud.. it was taken on a crappier camera but the sound is still pretty good. I'll give you a link in a few minutes.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Good job taking videos during the day so we can see what's going on.
While I really think street racing is dumb, it looks like you had a pretty controllable environment.
By the way, you didn't turn on your high beams, that's the front end of your car rising when you launched. note how they flicker a bit when you shift.
All in all nice videos.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That does sound nice. That a trd exhaust? sounds louder than the oem exhaust, although it might be because of the header.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
another CBA member?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice vids, but i'm sure you could've had more then a car and half length on him if you didnt burn that much tier. Ones again nice vids and it's nice to know that we can smoke those 1.8 liter cars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by ScionGTR@May 19 2005, 11:51 PM
Nice vids, but i'm sure you could've had more then a car and half length on him if you didnt burn that much tier. Ones again nice vids and it's nice to know that we can smoke those 1.8 liter cars.
the video race I did spun alot. I blame the crappy stock tires.

the middle race we went from a roll, so the only spinning you heard was into 2nd gear.

the last race I got a really nice launch and didn't spin much at all, if you hear spinning it's probably him.

and phungy is right, the spec-v has a 2.5 DOHC engine, 175hp & 180torque, and factory LSD. the car is also 200lbs. lighter than my tC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by DoubleJ16@May 20 2005, 08:13 AM
and phungy is right, the spec-v has a 2.5 DOHC engine, 175hp & 180torque, and factory LSD. the car is also 200lbs. lighter than my tC.
Which means the guy in the spec v is a far worse driver

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.