Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have decided since I am keeping this car for atleast 5 years, I mightest well enjoy it. Here is what I have decided to put on it. The parts are not on yet but hopefully everything will be finished by next Miami Hot Imports Night in December of 06'. The cost of this project will prob. be around $5000 - $6000.

Engine Mods
-Supercharger
-Cold Air Intake
-Magnaflow Exhaust
-Performance Clutch
-Short Shifter

Appearance Mods
-Wide Body Kit
-Underglow Kit
-Carbon Fiber Hood
-LED Tail Lights
-18" Black Rims
-Sport Shocks

Inside Mods
-Pioneer Flip Out DVD/CD HU
-Blue Neons
-Gauges
-Kicker Subwoofer

Pics will be up once the project gets underway in Jan. 06!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Good luck with the project, but I highly doubt you will be able to do that for under $8000.

Supercharger installed... $3000 (being nice). CAI & Exhaust, ~$500... Clutch and short shifter is another easy $500. The wide body kit alone will cost a pretty penny, especially if it's going to be fit properly and be painted. I'm guessing ~$1k for the parts to the kit alone. The suspension and wheels will easily take $1k from the bank, and the hood is probably around $200. Dunno about the underglow or LED tail lights...

Interior will probably run about 500-1000, depending on what gauges you go with. Totalling that up w/ my off-the-cuff estimates I'm guessing around 7000 w/out paint.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just wondering...

Would there actually be a benefit to get a CAI along with the S/C? The air is compressed, so it'll probably rise in temperature anyways....and usually CAIs are a longer tubing intake, so wouldn't you want a shorter one so you could have better air flow? Or maybe I'm thinking of higher revving N/A engines....maybe lo bux can elaborate more on this

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Oct 26 2005, 03:38 PM
I'd say $8k is low balling it as well....You left out the $1,500-$2,000 DVD unit.
Oh snap, I didn't think those things were THAT expensive... thought $200 max. Shows what I know about car audio
But my point is that even $8k would be pushing it and you could very easily see that project running in the $10-12k range.

Good luck though, regardless!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not to mention that if you're gonna have that flashy a bodykit, you'd better have a freakin' bangin' ass paint job. A REAL paint job will probably run you at least 2k. I'd say 3k for like a pearlescent paint, which would be hot. Sorry man, cars are expensive.

For 8k you can do what my friend did drop an h22 into a shell 1991 honda accord and boost it. Excellent sleeper, 337whp in a 4 door grocery getter. LOL. Good times.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by ND120883@Oct 26 2005, 05:27 PM
Not to mention that if you're gonna have that flashy a bodykit, you'd better have a freakin' bangin' ass paint job. A REAL paint job will probably run you at least 2k.
no doubt. glad to know someone else knows body work is a get what you pay for job.

if you are talking molded wide body kit, you are looking at a lot of repaint work. a lot. like, the whole car minus doors and hatch. to get it to look right, you are going to be paying some dollars. also, jack the charger up to at least 3600 installed. by the time my car rolls off the rack tomorrow with supercharger installed, i will have very near 7K retail in my car (good thing i dont pay retail), and i have no body kit. good luck, hope you have some people in the business.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
yea, i was going to get my system, bodykit, rims, and leather all done to my car at once, and the system cost 2600, the bodykit and paint cost 3000, all materials included, the leather cost a 900, and labor cost 500 for something i dont even know. however, i didnt get it done.
i wasnt even getting the supercharger and im close to 7 grand.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the body kit I really dont know if I going to be putting a wide body kit on it yet dont know yet because I am deciding to lower it.... it maybe too low to do that style body kit! I may just leave it the way it is and make it a sleeper

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Oct 29 2005, 10:38 AM
Over my budget? How would you know what my budget is?
You posted it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^^ O OK ^^^^^
I see what you mean. I know its going to be more then that im expecting it to be that was just an estimate throwing numbers out there im prob. going to be clost to 10k be the end! nothing like a $26k car! but it will be worth it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.