Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my precious from the toyota dealership on Wednesday and when they were handing the keys over to me I noticed the DAMAGE they did to the paint while putting my accessories on!

They scuffed the paint on the back lip that hangs over the trunk door button, the top of the trunk door is hosed, like they set the lip spoiler on the trunk and drug it across to the edge to allign it. They scuffed the driver-side door paint, knicked the passenger side door paint, and put a gouge in my steeringwheel.

I am taking it back tomorrow and they are fixing everything! I am so pi$$ed. Now I don't even trust them to work on my car.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an awesome buying experience. And they were more than willing to fix the damage too...BUT DAMN! Why weren't they more carefull to begin with????? This is such a pain in the a$$ for me now going back and forth, taking time off work to get there, rentals, bla bla, bla

·
Registered
958 Posts
if you noticed it when you left the dealership, then why didn't you just leave the car, so they can work on it? I made sure I checked EVERYTHING before I left the lot.. although they forgot to install the stereo system, I had an empty slot.. i took the car anyways b/c i wanted to drive the car so bad.. hope you get your car back soon in one piece

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because I was on my way out of town for 5 days straight from the dealership.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Wow that sucks. Make 'em give you free stuff...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, free stuff is cool....BUT IT'S NOT THE POINT!

It doesn't make up for the 21K I am paying for the car!!!!

right?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 22 2006, 06:06 PM
*[email protected]% free stuff.  Make them return your car to the condition it was in when you left it with them.
exactly my plan, dear. They wanted me to "call and make an appointment." I would leave without a set appointment.

EDIT: I *wouldn't* leave, rather

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by moriarty@Jan 22 2006, 06:10 PM
that sounds about right.

them: it seems like some scratches happened durring the install.
me: then [email protected] yourselfs and fix it.
(possibly verbatim.)
LOL...

You know my line when I'm about to call someone out for their stupidity...

I begin like this:

"Uh, here, let me break it down for you."

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by moriarty@Jan 22 2006, 06:27 PM
i would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that interaction.
my icon reflects exact representation of my emotional feelings at that particular moment.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear it. I've heard more than once on here of dealerships f#ckin up the paint while installing accessories, especially spoilers. You'd think they'd be better at it when they do it so often...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.