Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was gonna take a picture of my bumper and tell a story about how I was driving through Gary and got shot at, but it's raining, and I don't want to take a picture in the rain.

I was actually driving through Gary this weekend, but nothing happened there. My girlfriend's parents live near there, and we were visiting them for the weekend. I had taken Sarah to get a massage and I was driving around with her friend from England who was staying with us. We ended up getting lost, and my GPS wasn't tracking enough satellites to get a fix on us. I was getting frustrated, so I decided to turn around and trace my steps back. As I was backing up to turn around, I looked behind me to make sure I didn't go off the road. I started to break, so I wouldn't hit the telephone pole that was there, and right then... *BAM* I looked in my side mirror, and there was a car there that I didn't even think to look for. I was so pissed at myself. I pulled over and got out, and then guy got out of his '98 Grand Am. I glanced over and could tell that my bumper was still in one piece, so I wasn't too worried. We looked at his bumper, and he didn't have any damage that wasn't already there. We took a closer look at mine. There's a few minor scratches from the bumpers rubbing each other, but the main damage came from the license plate he had on his front bumper. One of the bolts that held it on just left a mark on my bumper, but the other one poked a hole clear through.

He said that he wasn't going to claim anything, since there wasn't any damage. I said that I probably wouldn't claim it, because it'd probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a new bumper. We decided to exchanged information anyway just in case, and then he gave me directions on where I needed to go.

I'm still killing myself inside about the damage to the tC. Still not sure exactly what I'm gonna do about it. I think I'll take it in to get an estimate, but I'm sure that'll be in the $1000 range. I was hoping I could find a website that sells stock parts for the tC, so I could just get a replacement bumper for a couple hundred, but all I've found are ones for body kits. I guess it could be a good excuse to get a whole new body kit. heh. I have just enough money to get a new kit, but then I won't have hardly any money for the rest of the month, and I was planning on buying a new TV. hah.

Anyone know where I'd be able to get just a replacement stock rear bumper? Would the dealership be able to get something like that?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Stock bumper cover does cost in the $200 range, but painting it will be another $200-300.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Go for the body kit!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry to hear that man! I thought you were reffering to getting shot by a gun!, thats what happened to my baby, driving heard a loud bang on the side of my car, thought i just kicked up a rock. Next day i found about a penny sized paint chip dented in , and the exact shape of a bb intented further in than that, stupid stupid stupid kids.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a new rear bumper on my tC... some idiot ran a stop sign two houses down from mine and rear ended me. Unlucky for me, he sped off before I could do anything... couldn't get his plate. Have a $500 deductible... Tho... Luckily I used to work at a Toyota Dealership and got it for $136 (cost + 10%) and one of the painters there hooked me up for $100 to paint it. I would refer you to him, tho most of you all live probably in Cali. Might sound dumb, lol, but he is also painting my Motorola razor for me the color of my tC.... I'll post pics as soon as I get it back if anyone is interested in seeing. The little door/pocket behind the shifter is perfect for most cell phones.

·
Registered
243 Posts
well it sucks for your tc, but at least you were honorable enough to admit that it was your fault. so many people do something stupid or illegal and blame other people that it refreshing to hear someone who is actually honest with themselves. also i like the title name. also i wouldnt generally get things from the dealership since most charge more then websites like trd sparks, or mcgeorges. i would check those websites first. put up some pics, if it really looks like it was shot with a glock or something, maybe you can get away with saying its a cool styling cue

btw: bailey, thats cool with the cell phone. i doubt my obese cell phone will fit in that pocket, not all cells are thin and sexy like your razr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.