Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was on the phone with Toyota today for about 30 minutes and I was transferred all the way to head of building department and I made tons of complaints about the rattles and noises that come from everywhere on the car.

The guys were extremely nice and so was on over the phone (no reason to get upset about it). ANyhow they have documented my complaints and they are going to have service technicians drive them for a month at a time.

Aparently there were no complaints this far about the noises cause they had bo bullitens about it happening to anyone. He has forwarded the information to a scion specialists and I will be getting a call sometime tomorrow and hopefully they can force the dealer to work on my rattles, but my dealer refuses to do so because they do not have a service call on them yet.

So if this gets solved you know who to thank now.

Hope this resolves some of your worries and issues and hopefully they find something wrong with it before I take a jackhammer to it!
Anyhow if you have any other questions let me know, I will try and answer them as best as I can and from the knowledge I recieved I will enlighten you. - Matt

P.S. - I encourage everyone to call in who can so that we can get a service call on our cars that have rattles.

The # is - 1-877-707-2466 Option #4

This directs you to scion technicians directly. Thanks to all who help in the fight against rattles!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
I guess they have done some changes because our car does not have a single rattle, weird noise, etc, the only complaint was excessive road noise that a tire change took fixed the worst of it. I guess all the robots were on strike wnen yours was built.

Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
LoL, yeah no rattles in mine either, which is a fairly recent purchase(Don't mean to rub it in)

I guess you don't really have to worry about possible moonroof rattles, Rick?


[OT] Any luck with CF roof manufacturers? [/OT]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,001 Posts
at least toyota appeared receptive, unlike other experiences friends have had with other auto manufacturers. glad we dont have rattles either, and ours was purchased back on june 30th...way to stick with it bro,any help u need im sure we'll give it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
I have rattles, but just in my sunroof as far as I can tell. I bought mine in july of last year and it has about 7k miles on it. They're annoying, but the dealership told me it could take them a week to find the problem and I just cant go without my car for a week, so for now i'll deal. Thanks for the info and I'll be making a call also. This needs to be taken care of!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
I have the empty coke bottle sound coming from the right front of the car, and the hatch rattle over certain bumps... And something I noticed, the plastic they used for the venting system makes alot of noise when I switch from heat to air conditioning, or visa versa. The plastic expanding or contracting in the center console makes some noise.

*shrugs. It's a car. I turn the music up.
 

·
Former '05er
Joined
·
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by raamaudio@May 9 2005, 05:58 PM
I guess they have done some changes because our car does not have a single rattle, weird noise, etc, the only complaint was excessive road noise that a tire change took fixed the worst of it. I guess all the robots were on strike wnen yours was built.

Rick
Not so fast. I bought an IIP in October. It is quiet as a mouse. I bought a FM auto in February, and it sounds terrible. Even the brake pedal sounds like the guy with the white grease missed it on assembly. LOTS of plastic squeaks and rattles. Most bizarre of all, I drive the IIP like it's stolen, and my wife drives the FM. It just doesn't make sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
I doubt there were too many running changes to address rattles at this point. There is always going to be a lot a difference in the amount of rattles in modern cars with all those plastic parts and each one probably will have to be addressed on their own. Of course there are exceptions..like the hatch rattle that many of you all have that looks like it may have a production fabrication problem. The only rattle my car had was more like a squeak that came from the center console that was caused by two plastic parts rubbing together while traveling over rough pavement. I used a couple of self-adhessive felt pads to keep that one at bay. My greatest fear on taking a car to the dealer for rattles is being worse off after the attempted repair than before it went into the shop. I am sure that we all have had the experience of the dealer saying they could not verify the problem too. "we can't hear a thing.." I bet if it was their car they could hear it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Geneo@May 10 2005, 05:07 AM
I doubt there were too many running changes to address rattles at this point. There is always going to be a lot a difference in the amount of rattles in modern cars with all those plastic parts and each one probably will have to be addressed on their own. Of course there are exceptions..like the hatch rattle that many of you all have that looks like it may have a production fabrication problem. The only rattle my car had was more like a squeak that came from the center console that was caused by two plastic parts rubbing together while traveling over rough pavement. I used a couple of self-adhessive felt pads to keep that one at bay. My greatest fear on taking a car to the dealer for rattles is being worse off after the attempted repair than before it went into the shop. I am sure that we all have had the experience of the dealer saying they could not verify the problem too. "we can't hear a thing.." I bet if it was their car they could hear it....
^^ call and they will begin to understand that more than just I or us are having problems, try to help everyone who has them by just making a simple call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
^^ call and they will begin to understand that more than just I or us are having problems, try to help everyone who has them by just making a simple call. [/quote]
I will call and voice the issue...however I will also make the point that I am one of those who has no real problems with rattles in my car. I do not have them. Anyone who does not have the rattles that complains that does not make this clear is not really helping the problem. If there is a problem with process of assembly or design proper knowledge of what cars have troubles and which ones do not is essential information to get to the bottom of the issue. I know how aggravating rattles can be. I have owned American cars that had so many rattles that you thought things were going to fall off....and often did.
I worked in Q.C. for years and you had to look at all complaints in order to get a pattern on what problems really exist with the manufacturing process and how to address them. Many times their is no pattern and the issues had to be addressed one at a time in the field. Rule of thumb...the more parts the greater the chance for assembly problems and defects. Good luck but Toyota does need to give you supprt for sure to get the dealer to address the issues and maybe get a district rep to help all of you on an individial basis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Hmmm I tried to call but all I get is some voicemail system, saying enter your 4 digit password. Sure this number works?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Those of you who have very few miles, don't be so sure you're rattles aren't there. My roof rattle didn't start until 4k and I just noticed my hatch rattle about about 6k. I'll be calling, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by LaVaism@May 10 2005, 07:15 AM
Hmmm I tried to call but all I get is some voicemail system, saying enter your 4 digit password. Sure this number works?
Yes that is there direct line...that is exaclty what I called

be sure you dial - 1-866-707-2466 Option #4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Goldenchild, thanks for taking the initiative!

I just called - the scion customer advocate was awesome - very helpful and nice to chat with. He basically confirmed my understanding. TSB for Moonroof is # NV010-04. He stated to bring the car to a dealership, and they will examine it before doing the Moonroof TSB. I asked about the hatch rattle and he said they are currently working on a TSB for the rear hatch. Once it is complete, they will notify all tC owners. I purchased my tC in March 05 and was never notified of the Moonroof TSB, so I wonder how true it is that they will notify owners of the TSB for the hatch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,651 Posts
I think the way it works is that you take the car in when you have a problem. The service deparment then reviews what information Toyota provides them (they look to see if there are any TSBs about the problem you're experiencing). If one exists, they perform the fix as outlines by Toyota. If not, they do what they can to troubleshoot the problem on their own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Wolo@May 10 2005, 09:20 AM
I think the way it works is that you take the car in when you have a problem. The service deparment then reviews what information Toyota provides them (they look to see if there are any TSBs about the problem you're experiencing). If one exists, they perform the fix as outlines by Toyota. If not, they do what they can to troubleshoot the problem on their own.
Yeah I guess a Scion Specialist is supposed to call me today and talk to me personally about my problems with different rattles.

So far I have remember the brake pedal creaking noise, moonroof rattle, and hatch rattle, thats all I can think of that makes the noises in my car, otherwise its dead quiet. I hope they get a hold on these problems and get them taken care of. Thanks to all of you for calling and participating! I really do appreciate the help in taking care of these rattles. I know it will benefit everyone in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
When I call that number, it asks me to input the 10-digit number of the person I am calling. There is no Option # 4. After that, it just hangs up.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top