Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's some pics of my custom built box. It takes up the "60" part of the 60/40 seatback split, and i can unplug the speaker wires and pull it out. (my amp is under the front seat.) it's been in for a while (recently got DSL so now i can upload things) if i remember right it's a little less than 1.2 cu ft. per sub. enjoy!

oh yeah, i got the carpet off of crutchfield.com and it matches the trunk carpet pretty well

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Are those 12's?? Cause that box is huge!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, those are 12's and they hit pretty hard for only running 150rms each. anybody else had much experience with the rockford brand? i've been happy with these subs, but how do they compare with some of the other decent brands?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^yes i did! (i can take it out anytime i want though) i just fold the back seat down and use that whenever i have more to carry than what fits in the 40% of trunk i still have

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like monkeys and chickens for guard pets, but nothing beats a skunk... You toss a skunk at someone thats about to attack you, they totally will forget about u, they have to worry about that skunk in their arms... Haha, try it and youll like it... Nice Subs man!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I used to have some Rockfords wasn't to impressed with them and ended up giving them away. They put out a decent sub though that hits well. I have heard their demo cars at a few comps and they pounded but they were also running 20 - 30 of them in a van so of course it thumped. Recently one of our clients went to a sound off and guy with some L7's dropped out when he saw his car.

I like that box though that is pretty big box. Is it SQ or SPL setup? 150 RMS each I figure your dropping about 120 - 130dB but I like the setup clean and simple.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well first note those are about the lowest quality rockfords you can get, i would think you could drop about $500-$600 and get two heavier duty rockfords and a nice amp to match that would push you into the 140s. I know rockford has about a million levels of subwoofers. At least get into the 'Power' series instead of the punch series and I think you would be even happier.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats a good amp that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? (maybe 1000-2000 watt range) i'm no expert in all things electrical, please enlighten me

·
Registered
445 Posts
if u had them facing the rear it would hit alot harder and sound a ton better but whatever.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
^^^I'm an audio dummy. Why would it hit harder to have them facing the rear?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The way the bass would bounce would be different so it would sound different. Flip them facing towards the back and you'll hear a good difference int he sound.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The bass comes out of the back of sub so to speak.....

And in reference to whoever's question before about an amp, you will get a lot better luck if you throw the question in the Audio/Video section, but....I'm a big fan of JBL and Alpine amplifiers. I just got an Alpine off ebay for 230 shipped 600 rms into 1 channel at 2 ohms; should be pretty good.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does anybody know if reverse mounting the sub (magnet facing outward) makes any difference in sound/output?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.