My stereo and kinda my car...lol

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Soundguy50 
#1 ·

^ yeah like we havent seen this angle before

^ Showin some YSTC.com love

^ My yellow top and amp wiring

^ My HUGE 100 AMP fuse!!!!

^ My alpine 9835 install and yes the door closes, no problem

^ My ipod interface, and ipod in the glove box....

^ My babies...yeah workin on a custom box, and then getting the second silver grill

^ An attempt to show my amp install, but my subs are kinda big

^ A simple pic of the interior

See less See more
#4 ·
its actually 2 separate boxes...both to the specs that kicker has for the L7 12's (the grey box is actually built by kicker, but im gonna be replacing them soon and making a single some-what custom enclosure....

btw thanks for the compliments, installs are my thing and btw....i forgot to show the best part of my install....ha ah the bass level control, also completely stealth....gotten a lot of props on this one

when its closed u cant even tell its there, and it illuminates amber whenever the stereo turns on (so u can tell the level at night)......damn im good

a little conceited...lol

#6 ·
That's pretty sweet, and yes your bass control is pretty sneaky. I have a general understanding of the iPod interface in the Alpine, but I was wondering how long if took you to get used to? and where did you get the.....(sorry I can't think what it's called right now) the thing where the new alpine HU fits into the factory radio opening, I like yours alot.

#7 ·
wow love the solobarics wow I bet those hit haaaarrrddd one of my friends had a solo X in his mustang and he cracked his windshield it hit soo freakin hard...I think he had like 2000 Watts going to it...man was it lound made my ears hurt

love the setup by the way I bet you are not dissapointed with those speakers

#8 ·
thanks again guys....for jagman...the mounting kit was from crutchfield....heres the link....click here for a good time....hahaha j/k

the problem i ran into was that it did not want to mount the way i wanted it, so i broke off all the tabs and simply used the little spacing sleeve and the frame that goes around the deck....i mounted the deck itself very far back on the stock mounting brackets and drilled holes (this is why in the pictures it appears so flush) to mount it in this position....kinda hard to explain...

in the end the thing i bought from crutchfield is not even attached to anything it just slips over my deck and rests in place, by doing this i was also able to put the deck below the sleeve instead of the way its intended, and no it does not move, its securely held by the dash cover thing...and trust me i would know if it rattled...any other questions i would be more than happy to share

#10 ·
Sooo...uhhh...where do you put your change now?

#15 ·
just fininshed my new box, its huge, but quite nice

#17 ·
Originally posted by jinxz@Jul 10 2005, 10:48 PM
nice setup...do you also video too??
never have, but nothing much to it, beyond a good deal of customization if ur looking to go outside of the stock 2 din headunit...

but if ur curious plenty of guys on here have and there a quite a few pics also

#19 ·
Originally posted by tC875@Jul 13 2005, 01:01 PM
nice audio. be careful, your amp might overheat under there
yeah i know, we have talked about this a lot on these forums, but for the most part no one has problems, i went on a four hour road trip with loud music the whole way and no circuit protection came on....so far so good....

good lookin out though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.