Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Sirius Starmate system into my scion today and it came out pretty tight. I tried numerous areas to mount it and came up with the setup you see below. It fits perfect in the empty slot below the stereo and I built a little cardboard triangle to attach behind the sirius unit to fill in some of the space pushing it up closer to the edge of the empty slot. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
How is the quality of music. I have a jvc headunit with the sirius option hookup. I installed the sirius after xmas. I have heard that sirius was mp3 quality but mine sounds like crap. All of my mp3 sound excellent compared to the sirius. My mp3 are anywhere from 128kbs to 320kbs. Sirius sounds like 64kbs at full signal. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Could be your antenna location? Where do you have it placed?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
sirius and xm should sound cd quality, not mp3. Mine is crystal clear, but a co-worker of mine just got xm for christmas and hers sounds TERRIBLE. I can't figure out what the difference is between mine and hers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The antenna is installed right next to the factory antenna. The receiver box is under the passerger side dash. My car is at the body shop getting hurricane damage fixed, but when i get it back i will move the receiver. I think the a/c fan and other things are under there also.

I forgot to mention that i have two amps in the car. the power cables for the amps are ran down the pass. side also.

update: just got a call. my car is ready a day early. took it in monday morning and get it tuesday afternoon sweet. I will play with the locations and let you guys know

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel for you with the poor sound quality. Mine sounds pretty hollow, certainly not CD quality as others say it should be. It sounds like there is not enough treble as if sound is muffled. I also can't stand the static that I get from the FM transmitter, this is why I started another forum wondering if there is a second AUX input on the 06 stock HU (behind it) connected to that AM/SAT button, or some adapter help me out, I need the one in the armrest for my iPod. If I could find a second AUX input I would use the audio out on the Sirius transmitter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine isn't fm. it is directly connect to the back of my jvc headunit. but i got my car back but won't be able to check it out until wednesday

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JKALLDAY, Are you talking about the tuner that you get from the dealer for the stock HU?? If so do you know the price for one, and or anywhere else I could get one to save so $$$ as I know the dealer charges a fortune.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd be willing to sell my stock antenna and receiver that goes under the passenger seat for $250 shipped. Used for 4 weeks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like mine, it's nice because you can't even tell that you have Sirius for the most part. I just don't like all the features it lacks. A 3rd Party receiver has many more features. So, if I can make a few bucks, I'd be willing to sell it and replace it with a 3rd party one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.