Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
congrats on your new silver tC.. yep that's the color i ordered too.. !! looks great.. the tint is tasteful.. not overdone.. very nice!

so how's the car been?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has been AWESOME! Although I got it on Thursday, and someone hit me in the bumper at work on Sat!! I was so pissed.. scraped the paint off.. about $450 damage! The guy who hit me admitted it, and said he'd pay for it, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet.. weather I just touch it up, or have the whole thing painted.. ugh
Tint is 50% sides, and 35% rear.. it's not bad, but some states are worse than here..

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Its very nice... I like the light tint on the front windows. About your bumper... I say take it in to get it redone. The paint may get worse if it is not fixed. Also you are not paying for anything anyways right???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I wouldn't have to pay for it.. But I have to work with the guy. I feel bad because he's from El Salvador, and doesn't make hardly any money. His insurance would go through the roof. I have to find out what his deductable would be. If it's only $250, I'm going to have it done.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by ethanxxx@Jul 29 2004, 05:50 PM
Yes, I wouldn't have to pay for it.. But I have to work with the guy. I feel bad because he's from El Salvador, and doesn't make hardly any money. His insurance would go through the roof. I have to find out what his deductable would be. If it's only $250, I'm going to have it done.
thats cool!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
793 Posts
Question about your tint. Is the front window JUST 50%, or does it start at 50% at the front of the car and then get darker towards the back of the same window? It almost looks like it's light at the front and darker at the back of the door window, and I LOVE that.

I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow and if there is such thing as a gradient tint, I really want that done on my Flint mica!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, stupid question but how long does it usually take for a place to tint your windows? Out of all the cars that I've owned I never had my windows tinted, so I dunno. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It took about an hour and 45 minutes to tint the car. The tint doesn't really look that different in the front and back- It must have been where the sun was when I took the picture. As far as I know, it's 50% on all of the sides, and 35% on only the hatch. Hope this helps..
Also, I wish I had that view! haha.. it's up the road from my parents cottage on the lake and I just wanted a nice place to get a picture.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by ethanxxx@Aug 13 2004, 12:18 AM
It took about an hour and 45 minutes to tint the car. The tint doesn't really look that different in the front and back- It must have been where the sun was when I took the picture. As far as I know, it's 50% on all of the sides, and 35% on only the hatch. Hope this helps..
Sweet, thanks!

I wound up asking them to do 35% on the back and rear, then 50% on the doors. Supposedly they use a charcoal colored tint, so I'm hoping that looks pretty good with the Flint Mica.... :crosses fingers:

And regarding the time it takes....they said they'd start at 9:00 and have it ready by 11 or 12 so I just dropped it off last night and will pick it up during lunch today (don't want them to have it all weekend...hehe).

·
Registered
793 Posts
OK, actually they opened up at 9 AM this morning and they just called and said it's ready for pick-up (at 10:45ish AM).....so I'm taking an early lunch to go get it. Hehe.

Just wanted to update you on how long it really did take....

·
Registered
409 Posts
hey ethanxxx, man i have to give you thumbs up, just for thinking about other ppl man, thats what ppl should be about, it's very refreshing to hear that even tho it was your coworkers fault you still kept your head and are thinking about his situation, thats very awesome of you, i should give you a cookie =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts