Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the TRD exhaust and I am glad someone confirmed the ease of installation. One question/photo request: Can you post a picture of the head unit with the screen up (similar to the 8th and 9th photos) but from the side? I want to get the same Alpine HU but it looks like the screen is angled down because of the Scion cover. Is this the case?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The screen is angled slightly back. The viewing angle is good. I can angle it back one more notch, but then it is so close to the radio cover that it rattles over bumps. Also, with this installation, you cannot close the radio cover. The volume knob is in the way. I'll post more pics next week. I'm out of town till the weekend.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by JackerCrack@Jul 21 2004, 05:49 PM
how much have you spent so far alp?
i'm sure most of it went towards that decal

i'm definitely gonna have to order me 1 or 2 after seeing em on Alp's tC

·
Registered
999 Posts
How deep sounding is the TRD Exhaust. I really want a subtle exhaust, sorta like a car with a silencer. But if the TRD Exhaust isn't too deep as that of a ricer sounding car, I might want it.

Nice Alpine system, love your car!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SilverX@Jul 22 2004, 10:56 PM
How deep sounding is the TRD Exhaust. I really want a subtle exhaust, sorta like a car with a silencer. But if the TRD Exhaust isn't too deep as that of a ricer sounding car, I might want it.

Nice Alpine system, love your car!
It's just perfect. A little throaty, but definately subtle...and NOT ricey at all. Just got some B-day money yesterday, so I will be giving Damon a call next week. Going to get the rear spoiler, shift knob, pedals and maybe the strut bar and rear sway bar. I have to ask Damon how the stut bar performed in his tC.

Thanx for the comments on the Alpine. I have the rest of the system coming in next week. I'll be workin on the install and will post pics in the process.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 11 2004, 09:17 PM
Looks hott! I can't wait to get my exhaust. I hate this back order nonsense. Keep it up!
i agree. i hate this backorder stuff.
by the way, i like that screen Alp. are you going to get some new wheels?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got my TRD muffler in two days, I just ordered from that toyotaparts4u.com place and they send it to me in a few days, same thing with my other stuff. I'm just curious where you guys are getting your parts from cuz I didn't have any problems, and I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts